I ran into some trouble this weekend within the conversion of triangles and triangle fans. I decided that the method I used previously to convert polygons was somewhat convoluted and much too difficult to interpret in order to effectively re-use. Thus, I have decided to redesign this conversion method, and separate it into several conversion functions:
For the first iteration, only ConvertGeometry() will be implemented, which in turn will call ConvertVertices() and ConvertPolygons(), so both of those will need to be implemented as well. The first iteration will also implement materials and scene conversion functions, at a basic level. I intend to have iteration one finished before July 9.
Unfortunately, I am currently in the middle of battling a migraine headache, and was unable to get much done today. As such, my original plan of committing this evening will have to be postponed until tomorrow or Tuesday. Once I clean up the codebase, and make sure that my implementations are cleaner than they are right now, I will commit the finished ConvertGeometry() code. As of right now, the only un-implemented functionality is the trifans and tristrips elements, however, as I previously said, I am redesigning some of these functions so they follow a more logical pattern.
|<< <||Current||> >>|