Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 10:53:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8264 Members
Latest Member: Georgiaroberto
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  CEL Discussion
| | |-+  Nettest Troubles
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Nettest Troubles  (Read 3351 times)
Datalurkur

View Profile Email
« on: March 17, 2009, 10:39:02 pm »

Hello all,

I just compiled CEL v1.4 and everything looks good.  All the demos run finely except for one - nettest.  When I run nettest, I'm met with the following:
During initialization:

crystalspace.pluginmgr.loadplugin:
could not load plugin 'cel.network.tcp'

Then, as the app is launching:

Fatal Error!
Network test: CEL network layer missing!

The plugins\network\tcp folder contains the cpps and headers, as well as tcpnetwork.csplugin, whcih looks like the plugin to me.  However, it doesn't seem to have a project file.  I'm fairly new with CEL, but I'm guessing the actual compiled plugins are the files at the root called addon_cellgraph.dll and so forth.  Was there ever an MSVC 9 project for the tcp network plugin?  Should it need one?  Do I need to compile using MSys or something different instead?

Any ideas why it can't find the plugin?  I'm assuming that's what causes the error, correct me if I'm wrong...

« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 10:42:25 pm by Datalurkur » Logged
kickvb
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 03:51:23 pm »

The network plugin needs an external library which is currently not in the CS library packages, that's why the network plugin is not compiled on your machine and you got these error messages.

The library needed is HawkNL. You can download it from http://www.hawksoft.com/download/, either the release 168 or 17b1 should be OK.

I personally could not manage to have the cel configure script detect if HawkNL was installed or not. In order to make it work, I hacked it with something like (as I remember):
- install the HawkNL .h and .dll/.so somewhere where it is visible when you compile and run nettest
- modify the cel/plugins/network/tcp/Jamfile file by removing the line "if $(HAWKNL.AVAILABLE) = "yes""
- compile and run

Note that the network plugin is still a work in progress. It is still missing some API changes and mostly an abstraction layer so that it works smoothly and easily with cel applications. I am the guy who wrote this plugin and I still want to work on it, but could not manage to find some time to do it. But it still something I really want to do...
Datalurkur

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 01:10:52 am »

Very helpful, thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: