Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 03:45:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9009 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8365 Members
Latest Member: Flypatty20
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Stuck on Simple1
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Stuck on Simple1  (Read 2508 times)
patrician

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2005, 08:50:03 am »

I was following the directions at http://crystalspace3d.org/docs/online/manual-0.98/cs_127.html to make the simple1 app.

But i get the error below when i compile it.
simple1 fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcsutil.lib'

If i change the order of the files in the Additional Dependencies field and put a different file in front then it will show that one as not being openable.

Additional Dependencies field currently says: libcsutil.lib libcsgeom.lib libcsgfx.lib libcstool.lib

my cpp and .h files are exactly what came when i downloaded the CS, i've reextracted the zip, and recoppied them over.  Tried recompileing a debug and a release of CS.  Get the same error when i use the debug version except for it says libcsutil_d.lib since it's debug.

I've double checked the presence of the path to the files under VC++ Directories, in the options page.

I have the Preprocessor information entered correctly.

I have runtime library set to use Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)

I downloaded it, extracted it.  Installed the cs-win32libs-0.98r004_001.exe and then compiled CS.  It works fine.  All the compiled demos work great.

Where am i screwing up?
Keen
Webmaster
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 05:43:54 am »

Everything seems fine, I'm not sure what the problem is... It might be a problem on your part.

What version of VC++ are you using? By the sounds of it, it might be a bug, but I'm not sure. Try updating your version if you can.

Keen

Stop emailing me with scary CS questions! Direct your emails to jorrit or thebolt!

For Crystal Space Tutorials, articles and other stuff, visit community.crystalspace3d.org
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 02:16:23 pm »

I'm not sure when it comes to Visual C++, but I imagine the library dependencies have changed since that doc was written in 2003 (looks like it needs to be updated). Some of the libraries mentioned in the doc may have been deprecated.

Try removing the library dependencies that the compiler says is missing, then give it another shot. Also make sure you have the latest win32 libs from ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/crystal/support/win32/
patrician

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 06:36:39 pm »

I am running VC++ 7.  I tried installing the newest version of win32Libs, no apparent change.  I even recompiled CS again with the new win32Libs, just to see if it would make any difference.

I tried removing the files from the list one by one.  Each time the filename changes in the build error until i take out the last one and it goes crazy and spouts a billion errors.

Here is the exact build error.  I've tried it with the debug version and only the name of the lib changes.

------ Build started: Project: simple1, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Compiling...
simple1.cpp
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcsutil.lib'

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Cs\simpleCS\simple1\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
simple1 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

---------------------- Done ----------------------

Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

I tried removing the path information to where the libs are located, and There was no change to the error message, which confused me.  Since you would think it would whine alot more.  So it's almost like it can't find them at all.

So i tried copying and pasting the Libs from CS\mk\visualc7\csrelease\bin\libs to my CS\include folder.  Since i know it's seeing that folder since it's reading all of those include files from it.  But this had no apparent change.

I'm going to try just remaking a brand new solution in Visual Studio and remake it from scratch.  See if that fixes the problem.
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 09:39:24 pm »

What version of CS are you using? If you are using latest cvs (or at least not more than a month old) the libs have changed. There is now a new instruction at http://www.crystalspace3d.org/docs/online/manual/cs_4.21.3.php which shows it.

-M
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 08:50:41 pm by sunshine » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: