Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 01:14:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9295 Members
Latest Member: Marioibuch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Building on Mac OS X
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Building on Mac OS X  (Read 1627 times)
Xandrew
« on: May 08, 2005, 12:15:51 pm »

hi,

i try to build CS for the first time. In order to do this propperly, i tried to figure out which dependend libraries are required and installed a couple of them via Fink. Now they are located in /sw.

I have trouble with the optional freetype2 library. On Mac OS X, there is a preinstalled freetype library as part of the X libs in /usr/X11R6

The configure script finds the freetype library there -- but detects it is not appropriate. Installing a newer library with Fink does not work for this reason:
the Fink installation procedere for freetype2 does not generate a freetype-config file, which the config script for CS searches for to locate the freetype library. Thus, the CS config script does not find Fink's freetype.

The question is now, why does the CS install script require to have the freetype-config file, and is it possible to use another newer freetype lib. And if, how can i hint the script to use it. AFAIK, there is no option for selecting a path for the freetype lib.

Thanks for help
sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 08:53:03 pm »

Some versions of Fink install freetype-config in the odd location /sw/lib/freetype2/bin. This location is not normally mentioned by your PATH. Modern-day CS configure script know that it needs to search this oddball location.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: