Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 07:17:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8494 Members
Latest Member: Onapthanh
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  Partedit for new particle system
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Partedit for new particle system  (Read 3066 times)
zaneiel

View Profile Email
« on: May 24, 2006, 05:50:44 am »

Hi all,

I was messing with partedit and after searching the forums i see its a bit out dated as per some posts from Jorrit.

Anyway one thing i liked about Ogre was the intuitive tutorials .. they covered most everything in easy to follow along example app adding code as you go while its explained and bam u had a working example.

as i learn CS i would like to write some good tutorials as we really need them .. i tell you my learning curve is 90 degree angle some days with this engine but i am persistant!

anyhow could someone point me to a link to a new particle system editor if there is one? ( i don't think there is one)

or ...

give me a tutorial on the particle system that i can follow .. like how to setup the new system Jorrit talks about:

partedit is unfortunatelly only for the old 'emit' particle system. This is indeed one thing that could be better in CS. We need an editor for the new 'particles' mesh.

Greetings,

If you get some time Jorrit, i would love to have a good example of using all? or most of the functionality of this new 'particles' mesh to write a tutorial and editor for the community.

i apologize in advance for not being able to follow the api doccumentation very well Smiley although the manual rocks Smiley but is missing a few things

also i would like to thank you for this waunderfull set of tools you have provided us!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 08:16:16 pm by zaneiel » Logged
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 03:47:46 pm »

The problem is that the particle system is currently being heavily rewritten. So it is best to wait until that is finalized.

Greetings,
zaneiel

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 08:15:48 pm »

ahh i getcha Smiley this is great news!

when its stable if someone could put on thier todo list to maybe mail me an example of how to work with its parameters would be awesome Tongue

zaneiel@yahoo.com

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: