Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 05:49:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8247 Members
Latest Member: Sarahjean
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Compileing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Compileing  (Read 17172 times)
project2

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2006, 03:03:49 am »

I followed this guide to compile http://community.crystalspace3d.org/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=17

I got to the end using MINGW32 to compile and this is what happened when I typed it in, it didn't take a while when he I typed in jam and it looks like it was on the directions, afterwards though there was no exe file and when I entered walk test it didn't do anything.

jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 06:13:34 am »

Can you tell me *exactly* which mingw and msys package you downloaded and installed? Also in what order? It looks like you don't have a compiler installed.

Greetings,
project2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 06:59:37 pm »

I believe this one
mingw32-make-3.80.0-3.exe

and this one MSYS-1.0.10.exe

in that order, but when I installed MSYS it asked, in command prompted, if I had Mingw and I said yes and when it asked for it I gave it C:/mingw32 (where it is installed) and it said "I could not find C:/mingw32/bin/gcc.exe you must have given a invalid path.  Reverting to mingw installation.  If you do have mingw installed you can manually bind them... (odd explanation about creating some file and editing it)"  So I went to C:/ and found mingw33 went in /bin and didn't see the gcc.exe so its not there but why?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 08:46:14 pm »

I believe this one
mingw32-make-3.80.0-3.exe

Well that's only mingw32-make. You need the full Mingw package from:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw

It is called:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/MinGW-5.0.2.exe

Greetings,
project2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 09:40:46 pm »

I downloaded mingw32-make-3.80.0-3.exe and there still is no gcc.exe that I can see, or it can see.  The links you posted lead to a blank page for me so I went to there site and clicked downlod on that file.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 09:48:16 pm by project2 » Logged
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 09:46:11 pm »

Hmm... The links are fine for me. Just tried them. You'll need to use those links as those are the correct ones.

Greetings,
project2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 02:51:25 am »

Ok I went through and reinstalled both and this is what happened after I got through with all the commands and tried to run the demo...

jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 06:44:12 am »

Can you give me the full output of jam? There are some errors above that you didn't copy. Else try 'jam -q'. Then jam will stop at the first error.

Greetings,
project2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 06:01:28 pm »

ok here's what happened when I did jam -q

« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 06:04:59 pm by project2 » Logged
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 02:11:18 pm »

Seems you forgot to install the cswinlibs package as instructed in the manual.

Greetings,
project2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 10:42:19 pm »

I got it to compile and I could walk around but when I first started the demo it showed these errors (they went away within a few seconds and I walked around fine, there were a few errors when compiling but it didn't seem to effect anything.

I'm going to go through how to build a world but I had a few questions.  How do I compile it into a actual .exe and files, and when so where do they appear.  Along with that question I'm trying to build a first person shooter with a certain theme, does CEL have features that might help me with this??
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 05:43:04 am »

Read the manual section on how to create your own applications using CS. And yes, CEL is very suitable for first person shooters.

Greetings,
project2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 05:32:04 pm »

Ok, I'm a little confused on the section labeled "Creating an External Crystal Space Application"  section " 4.21.1"  it says I can use the Jam or I can use a build system, well I've used jam and typing Jam seems easier than configuring something...  So I decided to use Jam build.  Then it talks about how I need to set the Crystal environment variable... I'm guessing that?s cd C:/cs?  (I'm using mingw) then it goes into talking about some jamtemplate and running a file called createproject.sh  can anyone clear this up for me. I can read a manual but there are to many variables for me to keep it straight (if you have a C- environment... if you have a Visual ++... if you have jamtemplate then you get free compiling features (free features, doesn't it just compile it into a .EXE?))
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 06:09:26 pm »

Ok, I'm a little confused on the section labeled "Creating an External Crystal Space Application"  section " 4.21.1"  it says I can use the Jam or I can use a build system, well I've used jam and typing Jam seems easier than configuring something...  So I decided to use Jam build.  Then it talks about how I need to set the Crystal environment variable... I'm guessing that?s cd C:/cs?  (I'm using mingw) then it goes into talking about some jamtemplate and running a file called createproject.sh  can anyone clear this up for me. I can read a manual but there are to many variables for me to keep it straight (if you have a C- environment... if you have a Visual ++... if you have jamtemplate then you get free compiling features (free features, doesn't it just compile it into a .EXE?))

If you use mingw then the path for CS needs to use mingw syntax. That means /c/CS instead of c:\cs

createproject.sh can be found in scripts/jamtemplate. Just execute it in msys. It is the easiest way to setup a project with jam.

Greetings,
project2

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 10:14:07 pm »

ok to compile to a seprate directory as a External Application
First type
cd /c/CS
then type
scripts/jamtemplate.sh
(where can I tell it where to place the compiled program?)
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: