Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 08:42:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8211 Members
Latest Member: Ola123zajac
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Compileing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Compileing  (Read 17131 times)
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2006, 05:24:26 am »

ok to compile to a seprate directory as a External Application
First type
cd /c/CS
then type
scripts/jamtemplate.sh
(where can I tell it where to place the compiled program?)

That doesn't make a compiled program. That script justs sets up a project so that you can compile programs. So after running createproject.sh you need to run configure and jam to build the program. Only then do you get an executable.

Greetings,
project2

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2006, 04:43:02 pm »

Ok now I'm getting somewhere, thx I'll try all thoes commands in that order.
project2

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2006, 04:28:03 pm »

Ok I typed cd/c/CS then scripts/jamtemplate.sh and it said the file did not exsist.  So I tried createproject.sh and that doesn't exist, so I tried /scripts/createproject.sh and it doesn't exist either.

(If I can get to building a small game and complete a small game I will Build an entire manual on how to build a small game for you, I know how to work with webapges (html) so if you can help me compile and build a small game along with the manual already created I will build an entire manual from start to finish on how to build a small game, how to compile and everything.)
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2006, 05:50:38 pm »

Ok I typed cd/c/CS then scripts/jamtemplate.sh and it said the file did not exsist.  So I tried createproject.sh and that doesn't exist, so I tried /scripts/createproject.sh and it doesn't exist either.

(If I can get to building a small game and complete a small game I will Build an entire manual on how to build a small game for you, I know how to work with webapges (html) so if you can help me compile and build a small game along with the manual already created I will build an entire manual from start to finish on how to build a small game, how to compile and everything.)

You have to read what I said. There is a script called 'createproject.sh' in '/scripts/jamtemplate'. So what you need to type in msys is:

./scripts/jamtemplate/createproject.sh

Btw, this process is documented in the manual (the howto on how to make your own project).

Greetings,
project2

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2006, 09:46:22 pm »

ok because I was looking in the title named Creating an External Crystal Space Application because my find (ctrl + F) didn?t see a "How to make your own project"

(it still did explain the directory though)

I got to the end of the page and it says that the jamtemplate.sh takes advantage of the jam command so after I ran it and saw it only made a few files (c++ and others in a new folder I attempted to run the file named jamfile, it said it wasn't correct, and the jam command would not compile it either. (I was in the test game subdirectory of CS)
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2006, 06:31:35 am »

ok because I was looking in the title named Creating an External Crystal Space Application because my find (ctrl + F) didn?t see a "How to make your own project"

(it still did explain the directory though)

I got to the end of the page and it says that the jamtemplate.sh takes advantage of the jam command so after I ran it and saw it only made a few files (c++ and others in a new folder I attempted to run the file named jamfile, it said it wasn't correct, and the jam command would not compile it either. (I was in the test game subdirectory of CS)

Did you ./configure?

Greetings,
project2

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2006, 11:47:55 pm »

Ok, I have no backround in compiling so I just need it layed out straight, I got through some main compiling at the beginning now I'm trying to make a exe
I went
cd /c/CS
./configure
./scripts/jamtemplate/createproject.sh

it made a folder called hi
I went there and when I did
cd /c/CS/hi
Jamfile.in

it did this

It's a little longer than a page but this is the end of what it gave me (there are only a few lines before this)
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2006, 05:42:36 am »

Why are you trying to run Jamfile.in? That's not what the manual says. As the manual says you need to do:

./configure
jam

inside your 'hi' directory.

Greetings,
project2

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 08:46:58 pm »

when I type ./configure it says
"Configure: no such file or directory"
when I reverse the slash it says command not found

(Thanks allot for helping me through this I must be reading off the wrong compiling page but this looks like the last step, thanks Smiley )
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 09:11:49 pm »

You need autoconf/automake packages together with mingw. Those are seperate installs from www.mingw.org. I forgot to tell you about those. After installing those you should be able to run ./autogen.sh right before ./configure to get started.

Greetings,
llanowar378

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2006, 01:43:26 am »

On the subject of compiling...WHAT THE HECK DO I DO TO INSTALL CS ON A MAC? ive gone through like a lot of tuts but i am totally new to C++ so can someone plz explain the mac installation in common English.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2006, 08:05:06 am »

On the subject of compiling...WHAT THE HECK DO I DO TO INSTALL CS ON A MAC? ive gone through like a lot of tuts but i am totally new to C++ so can someone plz explain the mac installation in common English.

Well this is covered in the manual. Did you read that first?

Greetings,
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: