Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 10:45:21 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8338 Members
Latest Member: Msarlscarl03
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  CEL Discussion
| | |-+  Setting up cel
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Setting up cel  (Read 3012 times)
project2

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2006, 04:45:10 pm »

I'm wondering how to set CEL up with Crystal Space, I compiled it for the first time and I'm still looking for a way to make the compiled output to go to a different directory so that the compiled exe's and files do not get mixed with the source.  So where do I put cell to integrate it, I've looked around but I haven't seen any real compiling or integrating directions, I can follow the Crystal Space manual but I just want to make sure I keep them both evenly at the same stages (I don't want to go to far ahead on one and have to catch up on the other) so I'm wondering how do I integrate CEL intro crystal space?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 06:11:15 pm »

I'm wondering how to set CEL up with Crystal Space, I compiled it for the first time and I'm still looking for a way to make the compiled output to go to a different directory so that the compiled exe's and files do not get mixed with the source.  So where do I put cell to integrate it, I've looked around but I haven't seen any real compiling or integrating directions, I can follow the Crystal Space manual but I just want to make sure I keep them both evenly at the same stages (I don't want to go to far ahead on one and have to catch up on the other) so I'm wondering how do I integrate CEL intro crystal space?

CEL is a seperate project so it should be installed seperatelly. What compiler are you using?

Greetings,
project2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 10:12:18 pm »

Mingw  all I know about CEL is that there are no compileing directions, and I'm not sure how to interface the two so that one can take advantage of the others functions and once I do will I always render them seprately and there files will automaticly interface?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 05:27:05 am »

You are right that there are no compilation instructions (we need to add that). The easiest way to get started with CEL is to use the scripts/jamtemplate/createproject.sh script in CS. At some point that script will ask if you want the generated project to use CEL or not. If you answer yes then your project will be made ready so that it can use CEL.

Using CEL is a matter of working with entities and property classes. I recommend you read the manual that comes with CEL. It should explain this. You can still use the CS API when working with CEL but the CEL API is the master.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: