Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 06:50:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9026 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9130 Members
Latest Member: Eddiehunter
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  What does this warning mean?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What does this warning mean?  (Read 3345 times)
yoshi

View Profile WWW
« on: June 12, 2006, 07:33:04 am »

(Using bleeding edge CS from about a month ago, win32libs r21, Windows XP Pro, ATI Radeon 9800).

WARNING! Suspicious: object with tag 'iEmitState' does not implement interface 'iEmitState'!

Thanks.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 07:38:24 am »

(Using bleeding edge CS from about a month ago, win32libs r21, Windows XP Pro, ATI Radeon 9800).

WARNING! Suspicious: object with tag 'iEmitState' does not implement interface 'iEmitState'!

Thanks.

That usually means you have another version of CS on your system and it is trying to use that instead.

Greetings,
yoshi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 09:38:37 pm »

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure I only have one build of CS.

I requested the iEmitState interface by loading the "crystalspace.mesh.loader.emit" plugin then doing a

csRef<iEmitState> emitState = scfQueryInterface<iEmitState>(rainEmitter->GetMeshObject());

where rainEmitter is a MeshWrapper of a rainfall emitter mesh that was loaded from a world file.  I was hoping to get its state and change a few settings, but it doesnt seem to work because emitState is null after that line.

In general, I would like to know if it is possible to set up an emitter and start and stop it programmatically (not from a file) so, for example, if I want rain, I can make the rain start and stop dynamically instead of being forced to make a given level always rainy.  Thanks.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 09:40:38 pm »

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure I only have one build of CS.

I requested the iEmitState interface by loading the "crystalspace.mesh.loader.emit" plugin then doing a

csRef<iEmitState> emitState = scfQueryInterface<iEmitState>(rainEmitter->GetMeshObject());

where rainEmitter is a MeshWrapper of a rainfall emitter mesh that was loaded from a world file.  I was hoping to get its state and change a few settings, but it doesnt seem to work because emitState is null after that line.

In general, I would like to know if it is possible to set up an emitter and start and stop it programmatically (not from a file) so, for example, if I want rain, I can make the rain start and stop dynamically instead of being forced to make a given level always rainy.  Thanks.

It doesn't work that way. You first have to create a emit particle system (for example using engine->CreateMeshWrapper()) and then you can use iEmitState. You can't get iEmitState from the plugin directly.

Greetings,
yoshi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 05:47:57 am »

Jorrit-san, do you think you could give me a quick idea of how to make a little particle system from within code?  I've checked the documentation, but it only seems to address how to get particle systems by loading them from map files; and I don't want to be restricted to just that.

I've tried so much for so long and consulted many sources, and I don't really want to get into it for fear of making the post too long.  If you, or someone else who knows, could just give a quick little overview... that would be greatly appreciated.  Mainly, I have trouble understand what the iEmit interfaces have to do with the whole system, even though they seem to be central to it.

Thanks, as always
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 05:51:01 am »

Check apps/walktest/walkdemo.cpp and go to the 'add_particles_rain' function there. It shows how to create the rain particle system. It is easy to extend to other types of particle systems.

Greetings,
yoshi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 04:55:08 am »

Thanks a million.. I can't believe I didn't think of looking at walktest.. haha.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: