Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 09:41:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8275 Members
Latest Member: Msnelsencarleen0303
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  How do I convert from a Linux CS project to a Windows one?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: How do I convert from a Linux CS project to a Windows one?  (Read 6226 times)
Myrddin

View Profile Email
« on: July 06, 2006, 02:08:15 am »

So I got CS up and running, the stable version. Yay! Now, I am trying to take the project I wrote in the Linux version and let it run in windows. Unfortunately, I did not write the original Makefile, another member did who has since left the project. How can I take the Makefile (that is based on the example Makefiles for CS) and convert it for use with cygwin in Windows?

Is there an easy way to make Visual Studio projects of existing cpp files?
paganwarrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 09:44:38 am »

Visual C++ 2005  has an option "creating project from existing code.". You select the neccessary dirs, that content your code, and save the project. Don't forget to make  the needed Crystal Space project settings.
Myrddin

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 01:49:08 pm »

Visual C++ 2005  has an option "creating project from existing code.". You select the neccessary dirs, that content your code, and save the project. Don't forget to make  the needed Crystal Space project settings.
Okay, so for example, I have a project called RAJE. All the headers and includes that aren't in CS are in that directory, so I can just choose that dir and it will make a project for me?

Also, I don't understand the last part, about making the needed CS project settings. What do you mean?
Myrddin

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 03:27:11 pm »

After messing with it a bit, I got the old makefile to successfully make the same files in Windows. However, now when I try to run the executable, it gives the following error messages

WARNING: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.kernel.vfs'
Couldn't load VFS plugin "crystalspace.kernel.vfs"!
NOTIFY: Using alternative 3D driver: crystalspace.graphics3d.opengl
WARNING: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.graphics3d.opengl'
WARNING: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.kernel.vfs'
WARNING: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.engine.3d'
WARNING: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.font.server.default'
WARNING: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.graphic.image.io.multiplex'
WARNING: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.level.loader'
WARNING: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.utilities.reporter'
WARNING: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.utilities.stdrep'
WARNING: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.sound.render.software'
WARNING: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.sound.loader.multiplexer'
ERROR: No iEngine plugin!

I am not sure how to fix this. Sad
kiper

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 04:08:51 pm »

this is the libraries.

You need the ".dll"s in the directory of the executable, or the environment variables well placed to the ".dll"s directory if I'm not wrong.

1800MHz Intel Centrino
1GB RAM
128 ATI Mobility Radeon X700
Win XP Pro SP2
Myrddin

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 04:27:55 pm »

this is the libraries.

You need the ".dll"s in the directory of the executable, or the environment variables well placed to the ".dll"s directory if I'm not wrong.
Which dlls? A dll with the name "opengl" for example doesn't exist in either the CrystalSpaceLibs or CS directory on my machine.
kiper

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 05:17:40 pm »

No, but you have a lot of libraries in the directory. I don't know which ones you have to take exactly.

1800MHz Intel Centrino
1GB RAM
Win XP Pro SP2
Myrddin

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 05:34:32 pm »

No, but you have a lot of libraries in the directory. I don't know which ones you have to take exactly.
I copied EVERY dll in the CS directory (I did a quick search) and when I tried to run the EXE it said that the dlls didn't match (visualC != gcc). Any idea what THIS means? Sad
kiper

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 06:15:50 pm »

Um, I don't know, maybe you have to compile your application with the gcc compiler. Usually you can change the compiler in the IDEs, take a look in VC

1800MHz Intel Centrino
1GB RAM
Win XP Pro SP2
paganwarrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 07:50:23 pm »

I copied EVERY dll in the CS directory (I did a quick search) and when I tried to run the EXE it said that the dlls didn't match (visualC != gcc). Any idea what THIS means? Sad

That means, you must compile the CS itself and yout app wit the same compiler (gcc or visualC). You cannot use a VisualC compiled Cs app with gcc compiled dll-s.

Myrddin

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 08:17:53 pm »

That means, you must compile the CS itself and yout app wit the same compiler (gcc or visualC). You cannot use a VisualC compiled Cs app with gcc compiled dll-s.

Ah, I see. I couldn't make CS using MinGW or gcc in cygwin, so I used Visual Studio. I am attempting to gcc again because I figured if it worked in VS it should work in gcc. The makefile for the project is a gcc project, so once I get that working, I should be able to move the dlls over, right?

Which do I need though? All of them?
Myrddin

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 10:11:05 pm »

Can Crystal Environment Variables have spaces in the paths?
Myrddin

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 11:41:38 pm »

Sorry for so many posts but this is a pain to set up apparently.

Loading map world from /raje-final/maps/range
crystalspace.maploader.parse.map:  Could not open map file 'world' on VFS!
crystalspace.application.core:  Couldn't load level!

That's the current set of error messages when trying to run my program. It seems to see libraries now, and a window is CREATED, but errors immediately.

My directory structure is simple. D:\CrystalSpace\CS is my CS install  D:\CrystalSpace\CS\raje-final is the project folder.

In the code I have a reference to the old location in Linux, so I changed it to read "/raje-final/maps/range","world".

in raje-final/maps/range, there is a world file. It is an XML that I believe was generated by the Blender converter. Why would it be saying it can't find the file when it's right there?
kiper

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 10:01:29 am »

Put the path this way:

"/this/maps/range"

1800MHz Intel Centrino
1GB RAM
Win XP Pro SP2
Myrddin

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 07:17:43 pm »

I have decided that this is impossible, you can't do it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: