Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 02:07:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7602 Members
Latest Member: Khateyni
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  How do I convert from a Linux CS project to a Windows one?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: How do I convert from a Linux CS project to a Windows one?  (Read 6064 times)
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2006, 12:02:55 pm »

I have decided that this is impossible, you can't do it.

You can't do what exactly? Have a CS project that works on windows and linux? Well that is done a lot. Look at Crystal Core, PlaneShift, ... All those work without any modification both on Windows and Linux.

Did you correctly mount the paths you are using to load the map? Can I see how you mount them?

Greetings,
Myrddin

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2006, 09:46:06 pm »

I have decided that this is impossible, you can't do it.

You can't do what exactly? Have a CS project that works on windows and linux? Well that is done a lot. Look at Crystal Core, PlaneShift, ... All those work without any modification both on Windows and Linux.

Did you correctly mount the paths you are using to load the map? Can I see how you mount them?

Greetings,
Hey,

I've been pecking away at this for a while now. The issue is that it's a project that was developed entirely in Linux that I want to reverse engineer to be compatible in Windows. After messing around a LOT with CS and  Visual Studio, I think that I might have it working finally. This program (CS) works great in Linux, but it is ridiculously touchy in Windows Sad
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006, 08:25:21 pm »

I've been pecking away at this for a while now. The issue is that it's a project that was developed entirely in Linux that I want to reverse engineer to be compatible in Windows. After messing around a LOT with CS and  Visual Studio, I think that I might have it working finally. This program (CS) works great in Linux, but it is ridiculously touchy in Windows Sad

Most CS developers actually use Windows so this CS certainly works fine in Windows. To convert from a linux build system to Visual Studio build you should just be able to run the msvcgen scripts that come with CS. If you created a proper project using scripts/createproject.sh for linux then making VC projects files is a one liner.

Greetings,
Myrddin

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2006, 02:06:10 am »

Most CS developers actually use Windows so this CS certainly works fine in Windows. To convert from a linux build system to Visual Studio build you should just be able to run the msvcgen scripts that come with CS. If you created a proper project using scripts/createproject.sh for linux then making VC projects files is a one liner.

Greetings,
Unfortunately, the first time I tried this I received errors because the project itself was created and built using gcc, and when I built using VS it said incomaptible project types. I tried starting CS over with gcc through cygwin, followed the directions to a T, yet still could not run probably half of the example executables.

Now I am trying to install CS again using VS and now I cannot even open the solution files. Sad
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: