Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 04:55:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7597 Members
Latest Member: Drukareczka1989
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  some more n00b questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: some more n00b questions  (Read 2537 times)
ghaz

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2006, 10:39:00 am »

After a couple of days of constant downloading and reading this forum, everything is finally compiling. I just have some quick random questions for those who are interested in helping.

my info
Ubuntu Dapper
Blender 2.41 (from dapper packages)
CS (pseudo-stable release 2006-01-27)
CEL (pseudo-stable release 2006-01-27)
cal3d (svn 2006-07-15)
walktst and celtst works

(I'm working through the Crystal Space in the Blender (CSTutorial.pdf) tutorial I got from somewhere.

viewmesh
My viewmesh program doesn't look or work exactly like the one shown in the tutorials. The tutorials say to left-click and then add the mesh. Nothing happens if I left-click in the window. From their screenshots it looks like a popup menu should appear. ??  If I want to load and display a mesh, I have to run viewmesh /this/boxman.cal3d. That works.

blend2cal3d
Can anyone link me to a working blender export script. The ones I've tried doesn't seem to do what I need. I'm probably doing something wrong, but I would like to be sure that it is me, and not the script, that is the problem.
I have two scripts, one that came with blender (has no GUI) and one (v 1.1.2)  I got from a link that someone on the forum posted. It has a gui and seems to work better, but I'm having trouble exporting animations. No error messages are generated, but the boxmanAction.caf isn't generated.
[edit:] I forgot to add: After I export, blender loses all animation info (all the vertices reset to their original position, for all frames). I have to reload the .blend file to get them.

libbullet
This is one of the few things that the CS configure scripts says I don't have. I'm not sure if this library is necessary or not, but I would like to know what it is, what it does and where I can find it.

any help or hints will be appreciated
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 12:02:53 pm by ghaz » Logged
ghaz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 12:18:17 pm »

I just found another blend2cal3d export script (v 1.0). Unfortunately I'll have to wait till tonight to test it.
[edit:] also found what I hope to be the Bullet library from http://www.continuousphysics.com.

[edit2:] The new script worked! I can now export my model. It is not working perfectly, but it's a start. Now I only have to figure out how to get the mesh to deform correctly. I'm doing the boxman tut and in Blender the mesh "bends", but in viewmesh the shape stays the same, it just rotates.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 08:27:39 am by ghaz » Logged
ghaz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 08:20:30 am »

I'm still having trouble with exporting. Everything seems to export fine, but in viewmesh my model still won't deform when animating. (I don't think it's a bug, I'm just doing something wrong). I've switched over to Blender 2.42 and get the same results as in 2.41.

If anyone had the same problem, I would appreciate some input.
ghaz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 07:48:13 am »

I've finally got the exporting fixed as well. Now I can start coding.

The one good thing about a forum this quiet is that you are forced to fix your own problems. The bad thing is that posting here makes me feel a bit crazy. It is like talking to yourself.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 07:55:24 am »

I've finally got the exporting fixed as well. Now I can start coding.

The one good thing about a forum this quiet is that you are forced to fix your own problems. The bad thing is that posting here makes me feel a bit crazy. It is like talking to yourself.

We try to answer when we know the answer smiley

Greetings,
ghaz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 08:05:58 am »

Just joking about the "crazy" part. Wink I actually like it that way. I'd much rather struggle for a week and fix my own problems than get the answer within in a day from someone else. Fixing stuff yourself is more of a confidence booster.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: