Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 09:53:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9295 Members
Latest Member: Marioibuch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Error when trying to run walktest from ubuntu dapper
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Error when trying to run walktest from ubuntu dapper  (Read 1590 times)
thepasswordis123

View Profile WWW Email
« on: July 19, 2006, 05:56:21 am »

I am using crystal space v 0.99-20060125 that I downloaded from Ubuntu Dapper Universe repository.
I tried to run walktest but I got this error message:
Code:
WARNING: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.font.server.freetype2'
WARNING: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.window.x.extf86vm'
crystalspace.maploader.parse.library:? Could not open library file 'factories/thingPlane.060' on VFS!
ALERT: crystalspace.maploader.parse.library:? Could not open library file 'factories/thingPlane.060' on VFS!

crystalspace.system:? Failing to load map!
ALERT: crystalspace.system:? Failing to load map!

crystalspace.system:? Error initializing system!
ALERT: crystalspace.system:? Error initializing system!

Cleaning up...

I then downloaded the january pseudostable from sourceforge then compiled it myself and didn't make install. The walktest that I compiled worked correctly and the walktest from Ubuntu still has the same error message. Is there some environment variable that needs to be set?

the password to this account is 123
ghaz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 08:31:02 am »

I'm also using dapper. At first I tried the CS from the dapper repo, but I had too much trouble getting it to work, so I also switched over to the pseudo-stable version.

Installing the freetype2 package should fix the first warning. I'm not so sure about the second warning, but searching the repo for "xf86vm" or  "xf86" brings up some libraries that has to do with graphics and video modes. Maybe you need to install those -dev packages. (?)

I'm still very new to Crystal Space, so please take anything I say as opinion and not fact. Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: