Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 11:40:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9009 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8376 Members
Latest Member: Al guzman
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Include Crystal Space Libraries
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Include Crystal Space Libraries  (Read 6161 times)
raq77

View Profile Email
« on: August 04, 2006, 07:56:16 pm »

Hello, I am a new user in Crystal Space. I use Windows xp, eclipse CDT and MinGW. I have tried to execute an example in the eclipse including libraries of Crystal Space and it gives the following error me.

mingw32-make all
g++.exe simpmap.o -o simpmap.exe -mwindows /out/msysx86/optimize/libs/libcrystalspace.a
g++.exe: /out/msysx86/optimize/libs/libcrystalspace.a: No such file or directory
mingw32-make: *** [simpmap.exe] Error 1

I suppose that the problem will be of location of the libraries of Crystal Space.    I have tried to install the CrystalSpaceLibs, but directory MSYS does not create to me nowhere.   

Thanks a lot.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 08:00:35 pm »

In the commandline you can see that it is referring to /out/msysx86/optimize/libs/libcrystalspace.a. Is that path correct? Where did you put and compile Crystal Space?

Greetings,
raq77

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 10:53:17 am »

My problem is that I cant't find the library libcrystalspace.a.
I have installed CrystalSpaceLibs, but it is not the library there. 
Somebody can say to me of where I must unload it and that is what I must make to install it? 

Thanks.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 10:58:19 am »

My problem is that I cant't find the library libcrystalspace.a.
I have installed CrystalSpaceLibs, but it is not the library there. 
Somebody can say to me of where I must unload it and that is what I must make to install it? 

Thanks.

You installed CrystalSpaceLibs but did you also install Crystal Space itself? CrystalSpaceLibs is a package that is only meant to be able to compile Crystal Space. It doesn't contain Crystal Space itself.

Greetings,
raq77

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 12:07:32 pm »

I have looked for by the Web but I have not found anything that explains like installing crystal space to use it with eclipse. It would be thankful to you that you indicated to me what I must do step by step.

By the way, I am using Windows. Thanks.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 12:17:19 pm »

I have looked for by the Web but I have not found anything that explains like installing crystal space to use it with eclipse. It would be thankful to you that you indicated to me what I must do step by step.

By the way, I am using Windows. Thanks.

Well you first have to compile Crystal Space outside of Eclipse. We don't have project files for Eclipse so you can't compile CS with Eclipse itself. However once you got CS to compile (using mingw) you can use the compiled CS together with Eclipse. I can't help you with that however as I have never done it myself.

Greetings,
raq77

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 07:44:58 pm »

I am compiling Crystal Space using MinGw, and now I have a new problem...   

I am following this tutorial:  http://www.crystalspace3d.org/docs/online/manual/cs_2.4.3.php#2.4.3
and everything goes well, until I must do   ./configure  and make - k all  and it happens the following error:  make: *** Not targets specified and not makefile found.  Stop.

Why it does not find make?  what I must do now?

Greetings and thanks
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 07:46:39 pm »

What is the output of configure? Can you show that to me?

Greetings,
raq77

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 08:02:46 pm »

When I make ./configure I do not obtain no exit, it does not do absolutely anything.  Which would have to be the exit and because I do not obtain any?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 08:29:54 pm »

When I make ./configure I do not obtain no exit, it does not do absolutely anything.  Which would have to be the exit and because I do not obtain any?

Can you describe to me in FULL detail, step by step what you are doing. ./configure produces a lot of output normally. If it doesn't then you are doing something very wrong. For one, I assume you are running all this in msys?

Greetings,
raq77

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 09:29:08 pm »

The steps that I have followed are exactly those that the tutorial says of which I have put the Link before. I run the MSYS, I put myself in the directory where Crystal Space is installed (C:\CS) and I execute ./configure and no longer it gives back prompt to me.? ?

As it does not give back prompt I have also put make - k all but I do not obtain answer either.

Thank you very much by your interest and the patience that you are having with me.

Greetings.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 07:33:28 am »

Well I use mingw myself and it all works fine. It is hard for me to know exactly what is wrong without more detailed information. Can you perhaps tell me which version of the cswinlibs package you installed and also which version of CS?

Greetings,
raq77

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 01:28:47 pm »

Ok. These are the versions that I have installed and where I have installed them:

- Crystal Space: cs-pseudo-stable-2006-01-27. Installed in: C:\
- CrystalSpaceLibs: cs-win32libs-0.99r0_022. Installed in C:\
- MinGW: MinGW-3.1.0-1. Installed in C:\
- MSYS: MSYS-1.0.10. Installed in C:\MinGW\1.0 (1.0 is a directory who is created when installing)

Is the correct site where I must install?

The steps that I have followed to install are:

- It already had installed MinGW previously in C:\
- I have installed MSYS in the C:\MinGW directory, being created a new
? C:\MinGW\1.0 directory who contains the subdirectories and application MSYS
- I have installed cs-win32libs-0.99r0_022 in C:\
- I have executed application MSYS and at the shell prompt: cd /C/CS
- And here it appears my problem, when I put ./configure the shell does not return anything, not even an error,
? simply remains blocked until Ctrl+C pulse.
- If I put make -k all, the exit it is.... make: *** No rule to make target `all'
? (Although really it does not serve for anything without ./configure ).
- If I put make simply, the exit it is... make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.? Stop.

? ?I have watched the content of directory CS and there is a called file configure, but makefile is no file.
I have seen that within each directory there is a Jamfile file.? So that it serves?

? ? Thanks again.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 01:32:36 pm »

Ok
You are using the wrong version of the winlibs package. As it clearly states on the download page you must use version 18. You are using version 22. That will not work.

Greetings,
raq77

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 05:51:11 pm »

I have uninstalled version 22 and I have installed the 18, but the result continues being he himself. The CS directory continues being equal, therefore I do not understand the difference between using a version or another one, with respect to the CS configuration.

I have installed everything in the correct directories?? ?So that the CS directory does not contain the file makefile?

This is very difficult for me, but I need it to make my project of end studies. I am a little desperate : (

Greetings.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: