Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 04:13:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9008 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8350 Members
Latest Member: Bethguerrero
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Include Crystal Space Libraries
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Include Crystal Space Libraries  (Read 6137 times)
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 06:19:17 pm »

Version 22 of winlibs is not compatible with the pseudo-stable release. For pseudo-stable release you need version 18. You should uninstall version 22 and then install version 18 instead.

So the correct steps are:

- Install mingw
- Install msys
- Get the pseudo-stable of CS and extract it somewhere
- Install cswinlibs version 18 and let it point to the correct location where you put CS.
- Execute msys
- Go to the directory where you extracted pseudo-stable of CS.
- Type: ./configure
- Type: jam

That should be it.

Greetings,
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 06:28:04 pm »

The CS directory continues being equal, therefore I do not understand the difference between using a version or another one, with respect to the CS configuration.

I have installed everything in the correct directories?? ?So that the CS directory does not contain the file makefile?
It makes a difference to the configure script, which in part creates the makefile. So as long as the configure doesn't work, you don't need to try make or jam.
raq77

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 07:33:24 pm »

It makes a difference to the configure script, which in part creates the makefile. So as long as the configure doesn't work, you don't need to try make or jam.

I do not understand that you mean to me.? You could explain it to me?? My problem is why you comment to me?
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 08:06:45 pm »

I want to explain why the makefile isn't there, and why it makes a difference when you install different versions of the winlibs package. That's no explanation why configure doesn't work, sorry.

Don't miss Jorrit's previous post !
raq77

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 11:24:55 am »

Version 22 of winlibs is not compatible with the pseudo-stable release. For pseudo-stable release you need version 18. You should uninstall version 22 and then install version 18 instead.

- Install mingw
- Install msys
- Install cswinlibs version 18 and let it point to the correct location where you put CS.
- Execute msys

That should be it.

Greetings,
I have uninstall everything and I have returned to install following it the steps that you said to me.? ?
- I have installed MinGW without no problem
- I have installed SYS and during the installation the Windows shell has been opened (cmd.exe) and it has asked to me if I have installed MinGW? ?
? which I have answered that yes and where it was installed. During the installation the exit was:? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ?You have script /bin/awk
? ? ? ? ? ? ?You have script /bin/cmd .....
? ? ? ? ? ? ?Oh joy, you do not have C: /MinGW/bin/make.exe. Keep it that way.? ?
? Is this a problem? ?that version of MinGW I must install?? ?
- On the other hand, in the installation of the libraries that option I must choose:? ? ?For VC7.0 & VC7.1? ? ? or? ? ? For VC8

Thanks
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2006, 11:27:39 am »

- Install mingw
- Install msys
- Execute msys

That should be it.

Greetings,
I have uninstall everything and I have returned to install following it the steps that you said to me.? ?
- I have installed MinGW without no problem
- I have installed SYS and during the installation the Windows shell has been opened (cmd.exe) and it has asked to me if I have installed MinGW? ?
? which I have answered that yes and where it was installed. During the installation the exit was:? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ?You have script /bin/awk
? ? ? ? ? ? ?You have script /bin/cmd .....
? ? ? ? ? ? ?Oh joy, you do not have C: /MinGW/bin/make.exe. Keep it that way.? ?
? Is this a problem? ?that version of MinGW I must install?? ?

This is ok. Don't worry. Mingw is now installed.

- On the other hand, in the installation of the libraries that option I must choose:? ? ?For VC7.0 & VC7.1? ? ? or? ? ? For VC8

Thanks

Hmm. Select the latest I would say.

Greetings,
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: