Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 10:03:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9020 Posts in 2053 Topics by 8564 Members
Latest Member: Gwennparks5
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Miscellaneous
| |-+  Article/Tutorial Requests
| | |-+  Srystal Space for Dummies!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Srystal Space for Dummies!  (Read 8315 times)
iAlta

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2006, 04:32:18 pm »

I would like to have a tutorial, and I apologize if it already is one, that is for compleate newbies, like myself, that will include a list of all the tools, and the likes of that, needed, and where to get them. And how to start making a very, very, very simple game, or maybe not even a game, just a room, or whatever.

~~~
 iAlta
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 05:01:42 pm »

I would like to have a tutorial, and I apologize if it already is one, that is for compleate newbies, like myself, that will include a list of all the tools, and the likes of that, needed, and where to get them. And how to start making a very, very, very simple game, or maybe not even a game, just a room, or whatever.

~~~
 iAlta

Sounds like a splendid idea. Please let us know if you have any questions or problems.

Greetings,
iAlta

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 11:26:28 pm »

First of all, it should be Crystal Space for Dummies!, not Srystal Space for Dummies!

Secindly, I have downloaded the engine, and have no idea how to use it. For instanse, should I use the source or the excutable? If I have to use the source, what compiler would you recomend?

Anyway thanks for the reply, and I hope this was what you ment with it. (<- Not sure if that is the best wording, you get it, right?)
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 07:55:13 am »

First of all, it should be Crystal Space for Dummies!, not Srystal Space for Dummies!

Secindly, I have downloaded the engine, and have no idea how to use it. For instanse, should I use the source or the excutable? If I have to use the source, what compiler would you recomend?

Anyway thanks for the reply, and I hope this was what you ment with it. (<- Not sure if that is the best wording, you get it, right?)

It is best to use the source unless you are only interested in using CS in combination with python.

The best compilers for CS are Visual Studio C++ or MingW (www.mingw.org).

Instructions on compilation are in the manual.

Greetings,
iAlta

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 02:48:25 pm »

Thanks!

MinGW, has ALOT of files in the "file list", I'll just download all .exe files... except the "pervious" of course.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 02:53:42 pm »

Thanks!

MinGW, has ALOT of files in the "file list", I'll just download all .exe files... except the "pervious" of course.

No hold on! You only need:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/MinGW-5.0.3.exe

and

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/MSYS-1.0.10.exe

None of the others!

Greetings,
iAlta

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 05:57:05 pm »

Hehe. Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »