Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 10:43:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9009 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8379 Members
Latest Member: Hamlock3
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  CEL Discussion
| | |-+  CelStart
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: CelStart  (Read 14954 times)
ghaz

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2006, 09:22:09 am »

I haven't tried CelStart yet (have to wait for our internet costs to become cheaper at 12 tonight), but it looks great. Enabling non-programmers to create their own games is always a good idea.

I'm sure that CelStart will greatly contribute to the popularity of Crystal Space and CEL. Now we have to start and spread the news.

Congratulations and good job. Smiley
Sanne

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 07:36:28 pm »

I just tried CelStart with some of the demo games and it works very very nicely. I also want to express my thanks to all of those who made this available! I think that CelStart seems to be a very good option for people who don't want to or can't use C++.

Since I like to script in Python, I'm looking forward to use Python scripting with CelStart, so hope I will be able to figure out how to do that, since there are no Python demos yet. I would also like to use Blender and blender2crystal together with CelStart, if this is possible.

But one thing at a time. Smiley

Again, my sincere thanks and also congrats from me for this nice gift. Smiley

Sanne
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 07:52:57 pm »

I'm glad you like it. I'm not 100% sure about python support in celstart yet. In principle it should work but there may be some caveats since I haven't actually tested it fully yet. But if it doesn't work we'll make it work in further releases smiley

Greetings,
Sanne

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 09:48:19 pm »

Thanks for your reply, jorrit. I'm sure CelStart will evolve with time, it already is a great start. If it won't run with Python scripts yet, I may very well take the opportunity to familiarize myself with xml scripting, which I was too lazy to do yet.

So, all is well, thanks again for all your work. Smiley

Sanne
genjix

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 10:46:42 pm »

Well automanic is using python fully, and most of the bindings are generated. In my opinion it more fully supports CS than the xml does Wink
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 01:10:53 pm »

I added a few demos for CelStart:

http://www.crystalspace3d.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=CelStart

Greetings,
Sanne

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 03:28:14 pm »

Thanks for the new demos, jorrit!

Since I'm on Linux, may I ask if it would be possible to also provide a CelStart binary version 4 for Linux? I'm especially interested in Python support, which is, as I understood, not present in the current Linux version 2, right?

In any case, thanks for all your work!

Sanne
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 03:34:29 pm »

Thanks for the new demos, jorrit!

Since I'm on Linux, may I ask if it would be possible to also provide a CelStart binary version 4 for Linux? I'm especially interested in Python support, which is, as I understood, not present in the current Linux version 2, right?

In any case, thanks for all your work!

Sanne

We're preparing a new binary for linux. Hopefully it will be there one of the following days.

Greetings,
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 06:00:16 am »

Linux version V4 is ready for download now!

Greetings,
Sanne

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 11:33:01 am »

Wow, that was fast, many thanks! Downloading now, looking forward to trying it out.

Sanne
teike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 01:30:37 am »

where can I find CelStart source code? I am not being able to find it... Sad

I am still trying to play with "bootstrap" from CEL that doesnt seem to recognize files "*.celzip"

I have downloaded, compiled and installed these:
  • cel-2006-07-29.144115.tar.bz2
  • cs-2006-07-29.144228.tgz
that as I understood are the latest packages, btw I am having problems to fetch their sources thru "svn", is there a newer .tar.bz2 of about 23MB (CS) and for CEL somewhere?

I cant use the precompiled binaries (celstart-0.99.x86.package) for linux cuz it requires glibc 2.3.4 but my distro only supports 2.3.6, such package have several patches for my distro and I cant figure how to create them..

btw I'd like to add that it was always a big trouble to me to prepare all stuff to make CS work on my project, integrate everything into C++ code made me giveup a couple of times ^^, and now with CelStart I c a new light at the end of the tunnel! XD

CelStart "way of life" remembers me about amazing LibGlade for Xwindows GUI easy to manage interfaces!, I mean, as LibGlade have Glade to visually prepare interfaces, I think I can foresee something like "VisualCEL" for the future ^^, and later on "VisualCEL++" with support to "virtual reality gloves" XDDD

thxyo! XD
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 06:02:41 am »

where can I find CelStart source code? I am not being able to find it... Sad

I am still trying to play with "bootstrap" from CEL that doesnt seem to recognize files "*.celzip"

I have downloaded, compiled and installed these:
  • cel-2006-07-29.144115.tar.bz2
  • cs-2006-07-29.144228.tgz
that as I understood are the latest packages, btw I am having problems to fetch their sources thru "svn", is there a newer .tar.bz2 of about 23MB (CS) and for CEL somewhere?

I cant use the precompiled binaries (celstart-0.99.x86.package) for linux cuz it requires glibc 2.3.4 but my distro only supports 2.3.6, such package have several patches for my distro and I cant figure how to create them..

btw I'd like to add that it was always a big trouble to me to prepare all stuff to make CS work on my project, integrate everything into C++ code made me giveup a couple of times ^^, and now with CelStart I c a new light at the end of the tunnel! XD

CelStart "way of life" remembers me about amazing LibGlade for Xwindows GUI easy to manage interfaces!, I mean, as LibGlade have Glade to visually prepare interfaces, I think I can foresee something like "VisualCEL" for the future ^^, and later on "VisualCEL++" with support to "virtual reality gloves" XDDD

thxyo! XD

You can only get celstart in the very latest version of CEL which you need to get through SVN. Unfortunatelly we don't yet have working snapshots. What is the problem exactly with svn? Maybe I can help you to get that working.

Greetings,
teike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 12:45:10 am »

subversion needed the --with-ssl option at ./configure
svn worked now with sourceforge and I grabbed latest cel ! ^^
revision 2303 compiled, I am having some trouble to run .celzip but I am still trying to figure out what is happening ^^

Btw, what is the revision of the precompiled CelStart packages for windows/linux at download area?
I wonder if I could grab thru svn that revision?...

thxyo Smiley
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 12:53:59 am by teike » Logged
teike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 01:01:35 am »

to make it short, I had this compilation problem after jam:

...failed C++ ./out/linuxx86/optimize/plugins/stdphyslayer/pl.o ...

cuz of that this cmd: celstart ./bouncy.celzip
complaints about missing physical layer..
as after the cmd: celstart; #if I click at menu I only get segfault

I think its due to broken 2303 svn cel revision, cuz of that I wondered about precompiled revision id and a way to fetch that revision Smiley...
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 05:39:30 am »

to make it short, I had this compilation problem after jam:

...failed C++ ./out/linuxx86/optimize/plugins/stdphyslayer/pl.o ...

Can you give the first error you got here? Type 'jam -q' so that I can see why it failed.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: