Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 03:05:18 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8479 Members
Latest Member: Darbee3
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  CS Compile problems (MSVC++2005EE)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CS Compile problems (MSVC++2005EE)  (Read 1661 times)
PhasmatisApparatus

View Profile Email
« on: September 07, 2006, 01:52:25 pm »

I am using MSVC++ 2005 Express Edition, and have installed the Platform SDK. I also installed "cs-win32libs-0.99r0_018.exe" (correctly, I believe). I am using the .sln file "C:\CS\mk\msvc8\wkstypical.sln". I am using the pseudostable 26-Jan-2006 release of CS.

That said, when I try to compile the solution I get errors such as the following:

box.cpp
c:\cs\include\csutil\win32\csosdefs.h(203) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windef.h': No such file or directory
bsptree.cpp
c:\cs\include\csutil\win32\csosdefs.h(203) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windef.h': No such file or directory
chainhull2d.cpp

Did I forget to install or misinstall something? Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: LibPNG is required, correct? I can't seem to get it to compile. Does anyone have an already-compiled version of this source for MSVC++8?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 10:07:27 pm by PhasmatisApparatus » Logged
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 08:01:57 am »

I am using MSVC++ 2005 Express Edition, and have installed the Platform SDK. I also installed "cs-win32libs-0.99r0_018.exe" (correctly, I believe). I am using the .sln file "C:\CS\mk\msvc8\wkstypical.sln". I am using the pseudostable 26-Jan-2006 release of CS.

That said, when I try to compile the solution I get errors such as the following:

box.cpp
bsptree.cpp
chainhull2d.cpp

Did I forget to install or misinstall something? Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: LibPNG is required, correct? I can't seem to get it to compile. Does anyone have an already-compiled version of this source for MSVC++8?

Read the CS manual about the MSVC express edition. There are some things you have to download.

Greetings,
PhasmatisApparatus

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 05:44:37 pm »

Aha. I should have read all of that. And I didn't install them correctly...

HAHA! It's compiling! I'll edit this post if it gives me any errors, but thank you very, very much!

(It's not everyday you get to talk to the creator of a program that you are currently very excited about... This is like, me meeting the OpenGL development team!)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: