Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 02:13:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7617 Members
Latest Member: Wschodni1989
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  CEL Discussion
| | |-+  CEL Rev 2217 Compilation Problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CEL Rev 2217 Compilation Problem  (Read 4333 times)
Shaitan

View Profile Email
« on: September 08, 2006, 11:06:49 pm »

Hi, I checked out CEL again today from the SVN and I seem to be getting the same error for a while, initially in initapp.cpp I'm getting a "GetSize() is not a member of 'csPathsList'" error (line 43) for some reason, when it is a member of the csPathsList class. Also, in that particular block of code there are other errors I get with the csPathsList (like operator=[line 44], and type casting[line 46]). Is there a problem with compiling the recent CEL revisions, or is it just an issue my side?

I am using VS2003 with the 0.99r0_022 winlibs, and the latest Revision of CS on WinXP Pro SP1.

Additionally, I have no issue compiling/running the pseudoStable releases of both CS and CEL, I was just hoping to test out some of the updated features in the SVN.

Thanks in advance,

Shaitan.

Edit: I have also updated any environment and VS path variables to correspond to the SVN releases, and had it changed prior to doing any building of the release.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 09:50:12 am by Shaitan » Logged
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 06:32:13 pm »

Hi, I checked out CEL again today from the SVN and I seem to be getting the same error for a while, initially in initapp.cpp I'm getting a "GetSize() is not a member of 'csPathsList'" error (line 43) for some reason, when it is a member of the csPathsList class. Also, in that particular block of code there are other errors I get with the csPathsList (like operator=[line 44], and type casting[line 46]). Is there a problem with compiling the recent CEL revisions, or is it just an issue my side?

I am using VS2003 with the 0.99r0_022 winlibs, and the latest Revision of CS on WinXP Pro SP1.

Additionally, I have no issue compiling/running the pseudoStable releases of both CS and CEL, I was just hoping to test out some of the updated features in the SVN.

Thanks in advance,

Shaitan.

Edit: I have also updated any environment and VS path variables to correspond to the SVN releases, and had it changed prior to doing any building of the release.

Could you copy/paste the exact error?

Greetings,
Shaitan

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 09:00:14 pm »

Hi Jorrit,

I have uploaded my build log to rapidshare if you want to take a look at it, this initial post was just one of many errors I seem to get on a clean build.

The link is http://rapidshare.de/files/32539070/CelBuild.zip. I will continue looking through the code on my side, and see if I can locate anything that might be causing these problems.

Thanks in advance,

Shaitan.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 07:03:53 am »

Could you please paste the error log in text format and not on that strange download site? I can't find out how to download the file from there.

Greetings,
Shaitan

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 11:05:24 am »

Okay, I thought it would be simpler to upload a small zip file to a free hosting site so you'd get my entire build log, but I guess I'll have to do this the hard way. *sigh*

Project: libceltool
initapp.cpp
h:\CrystalSpace3d\cel_svn\libs\celtool\initapp.cpp(43) : error C2039: 'GetSize' : is not a member of 'csPathsList'
        h:\CrystalSpace3d\CS\include\csutil\syspath.h(63) : see declaration of 'csPathsList'
h:\CrystalSpace3d\cel_svn\libs\celtool\initapp.cpp(44) : error C2678: binary '=' : no operator found which takes a left-hand operand of type 'const csString' (or there is no acceptable conversion)
h:\CrystalSpace3d\cel_svn\libs\celtool\initapp.cpp(46) : error C2440: 'type cast' : cannot convert from 'const char *const [4]' to 'csPathsList'
        No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous
libceltool - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I have several other errors with other differing projects from within CEL, and posting all the errors / warnings / etc that I get for them seems excessive, as the total length of them is some 900+ lines long. (As to why I posted them to rapidshare, but anyway).

Hopefully you may be able to figure out what could be causing this weird problem.

Regards,
Shaitan.

P.S. with my rapidshare link, simply click on the Free button to proceed to the download page where you need to enter a confirmation key then click on the Download from "server-name" button to get the file.
darek

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 03:05:54 pm »

www.rafb.net is a good place to paste text for 24 hours.
Make sure that your CrystalSpace is updated to lastest too, and clean builded (jam clean).
greetings
Shaitan

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 08:02:18 pm »

Hey Darek,

Thanks for linking that pasteboard. Here is the url of the paste http://www.rafb.net/paste/results/A9z2Z616.html. If you can't read it before it expires I'll try again.

Make sure that your CrystalSpace is updated to lastest too, and clean builded (jam clean).
Yes, I know this, as I said in my initial post that I have the latest revision of CS as well as the latest for CEL. I have no problem compiling the latest revisions of CS, and getting things to run with it, it is just CEL that is causing me problems.

Regards,
Shaitan.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 08:25:52 pm by Shaitan » Logged
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 05:37:29 am »

I must admit I have absolutely no clue why you get this error. CEL compiles fine for everyone else that I know so I'm really out of clues. You are sure CRYSTAL env var is pointing to the correct version of CS?

In any case, check in the CS dir if you have include/csutil/syspath.h and what is at line 181 of that file. I have there:

size_t GetSize () const { return paths.Length(); }

Can you check that?

Greetings,
Shaitan

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 05:56:58 am »

Hi Jorrit,

Yeah, I know it's a weird problem, and yes, I did check with my CS release, and found the definition of the function. I checked that before I posted my query here. Also, yes, I have the CRYSTAL environment variable pointing to the correct location for the SVN revision.

What I will try is to delete both the SVN revisions for CS and CEL and download them again, and try it all again, just in case something happened that I wasn't aware of when I first got them. I shall keep you posted.

Regards,

Shaitan.

Edit:
I have CS Rev 25323, and CEL Rev 2222, and I am still getting the same errors. *shrug* I don't know. I guess I'll have to resort to just using CS for now, or revert back to using the pseudo-stable releases.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 09:07:24 am by Shaitan » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: