Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 10:08:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9020 Posts in 2053 Topics by 8564 Members
Latest Member: Gwennparks5
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Miscellaneous
| |-+  Article/Tutorial Requests
| | |-+  Confused
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Confused  (Read 5071 times)
DarkKnite

View Profile Email
« on: September 21, 2006, 03:56:36 am »

Hello,
my names Korrey and I have been programming in VB using MirageSource for about 2 years now... And I have recently gone into C++ I programmed a very crappy basic engine that was not worth anything(and it is 2d) I have been trying to compile this engine for the past couple of days and can't figure out where or which files to compile.   I was just wondering if someone could post on which files are for what, and or what needs to be compiled for which things to use.

Currently I have alot of software that I could use for this engine... here's a small list

Maya.
GMAX
3DSM
WC2.1/3.3full/half sdk
QuArK
source code for doom1, quake1-2-3.  and the sdk for doom3 and quake4
(My own own Engine Dark-Knite Engine(2d mmorpg engine written in VB6.0)

and some other stuff, but please.  I am very new, to C++ and I'm looking to have a look over some good C++ game engine source code, could someone please write up a help tut or a compiler tut. Thank you Korrey D.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 05:23:46 am »

Did you read the manual? In the manual there is a section on how to build Crystal Space for various compilers and operating systems. If there is something you don't understand in the manual then please tell me.

Greetings,
DarkKnite

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 03:53:28 pm »

Ok, I'll read over the manual again and see if I don't understand some stuff and then I'll post back.

---EDIT---
Ok I have been trying to get this thing to compile all day, and have not been able to get anything to even open in MSVC++, little help please?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 10:56:54 pm by DarkKnite » Logged
Recon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 09:43:10 pm »

Well you need to give more information when you ask a question, saying it dont work is not the way to go.

have you tried

To compile Crystal Space, you'll have to perform the following steps. If anything doesn't work, see the Win32 FAQ, MSVC7 FAQ.

1. Load `CS\mk\msvc\wkstypical.sln'.
   2. From the file menu select Build->Build Solution. Note: If you want to build a debuggable version of Crystal Space, you should select the Debug build mode; otherwise select the Release build mode. Do not use the special-purpose ExtensiveMemDebug build mode.
   3. After a while the compilation should finish. The signal for a successful build will be come in the form of the something similar to the following:

Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped

and if so what went wrong.
did you down load the CS code, and where did you install it? what version? can you find the file "wkstypical.sln"? if not does it exist? if so is you file open dialog giving you the option of opening a .sin file? ect...

Give as much detail as you can and you will get more help.

I dont use windows so I cannot really help you much.

can only suggest you write a long post detailing everthing and at what point the instructions stop working

took me about a day to get CS working, linux dependancy hell Smiley , but it can be done in both linux and win, you just missing somthing simple.

regards and good luck
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: