Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 02:01:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8255 Members
Latest Member: Mslenacarleen0303
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  Lua plugin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Lua plugin  (Read 9594 times)
paganwarrior

View Profile Email
« on: October 03, 2006, 08:17:57 pm »

Let's go to create it. I registrated a cslua project at sourceforge - so if you wanna help me - plaese send me a PM here - or send a message in this topic.
mildred

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 10:29:34 pm »

I am more than ready to start a lua plugin but as I said before, I know very few of CS and CEL internals ... And I am also a little novice in C++ even if I think I begin to understand it. i still need to se C++ documentation frequently. But if we are many to develop this lua plugin, this should not be a problem.

The other problem I have is that I understand nothing about Jamfiles that are used in CEL compilation, and not much more avout Makefiles as automake handles them. I prefer raw Makefiles or something like cmake (used in KDE). I tried to copy the python plugin and replace all occurences of py(thon) in the Jamfile by lua but I think it is not a good solution.

Another issue is where we'll place the code we're working on, I doubt we could have a svn access to the main repository right now.
Actually I use a website to hold bazaar branches of my projects, but I am the only one to have a write access here. I like bazar because Ido not have to maintain a separated repository and it is easy to share. Maybe it would be a solution.

Mildred
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 02:45:58 pm by mildred » Logged
paganwarrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 07:29:16 am »

I am more than ready to start a lua plugin but as I said before, I know very few of CS and CEL internals ... And I am also a little novice in C++ even if I think I begin to understand it. i still need to se C++ documentation frequently. But if we are many to develop this lua plugin, this should not be a problem.

I use C++ many years, so be not afraid.

The other problem I have is that I understand nothing about Jamfiles that are used in CEL compilation, and not much more avout Makefiles as automake handles them. I prefer raw Makefiles or something like cmake (used in KDE). I tried to copy the python plugin and replace all occurences of py(thon) in the Jamfile by lua but I think it is not a good solution.
The jam is new for me too, but I like learn new things, and we can ask the CS team or others, when we have issues.

Another issue is where we'll place the code we're working on, I doubt we could have a svn access to the main repository right now.
Actually I use a [urlhttp://bzr.mildred632.free.fr]website[/url] to hold bazaar branches of my projects, but I am the only one to have a write access here. I like bazar because Ido not have to maintain a separated repository and it is easy to share. Maybe it would be a solution.

Can you add me any write acces in your repo? I think, ithis can be solved.

Some note. I'm working in three-days period, three days I'm on nigthsift, three rest-day, three day shift, three rest-day etc.
I can develop only on my rest-day.
mildred

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 10:53:01 am »

The problem is that my "repository" is not a real repository, it is a free account for personal websites, so i only have ftp access and only with one login/pass. And i use the tool sitecopy to update the online "repository" regurlary.

I'll try to find a solution.

edit: I think about opening an account on gna. What do you think ?

edit2: maybe it would be better to use Launchpad to host bazaar branches, because GNA aims at hosting projects for a long time, and if our project is successful, it will likely be merged into the main CS repository.
If you don't like Launchpad for some reason, I can understand, not free (yet) ... but I don't see any other solution. Except solutions like Gna, maybe sourceforge ... but I don't want to "pollute" them just for a tempoary access to a repository.

edit:

Launchpad is a good environment I think, You can create an account there if you don't have one yet then try t subscribe to the cslua team I just created. You also need to add your ssh public key in your preferences then you can use the bazaar repository.

For example, to create a branch :

bzr init # create a new branch in the current diorectory
bzr add source.cpp
bzr commit
bzr push sftp://yourusername@bazaar.launchpad.net/~cslua/cslua/branchmane

Get a branch (centralized version) :

bzr checkout sftp://yourusername@bazaar.launchpad.net/~cslua/cslua/branchmane
# modify some files
bzr commit # will upload your changes.

I found that on this page
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 11:46:02 am by mildred » Logged
paganwarrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 12:17:12 pm »

Ok, I have a launchpad account, and I started to join the cslua team. This will be good.
paganwarrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 11:08:48 am »

I sent you a mail. I hope, you use the email adress at your profile.
mildred

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 11:28:53 am »

I looked at CS/plugins/csscript/cspython and apparently the Jamfile depends on the complete build tree ... It does not seems easy to integrase something else in there without using the main CS repository.
What I am thinking about is that instead of just placing the cslua directory in our branch, we can put everything in the CS directory but only touch to the cslua directory in there or seme file w need to modify (like configure.am or plugins/csscript/Jamfile). What do you think ?

Creating the branch will look like :

cd $CRYSTAL
mkdir plugins/csscript/cslua
bzr init
bzr add configure.am
bzr add plugins/csscript/Jamfile
bzr add plugins/csscript/cslua
bzr push sftp://bazaar.launchpad.net/~cslua/cslua/branchname
bzr bind sftp://bazaar.launchpad.net/~cslua/cslua/branchname
cd plugins/csscript/cslua
... coding ...

(the bind is there to transform the local branch into a checkout of the main branch, then they'll be synchronized automaticilly. ?If both branches have diverged, you need to merge and commit the remote changes first.? About bzr checkout and bound branches)

Do you have an idea of the branchname ?
Mildred

PS: I recived your email, I ome you recived my reply.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 11:46:49 am by mildred » Logged
paganwarrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 01:22:51 pm »

I looked at CS/plugins/csscript/cspython and apparently the Jamfile depends on the complete build tree ... It does not seems easy to integrase something else in there without using the main CS repository.
What I am thinking about is that instead of just placing the cslua directory in our branch, we can put everything in the CS directory but only touch to the cslua directory in there or seme file w need to modify (like configure.am or plugins/csscript/Jamfile). What do you think ?

Ok, this is my a good way.

Do you have an idea of the branchname ?

develop for example. Yes, this is  very creative Smiley

paganwarrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 09:12:45 am »

I downloaded the latest swig and Lua 5.1 - and I've started the coding.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 10:42:44 pm by paganwarrior » Logged
mildred

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 09:41:43 pm »

Good Smiley I have to say I didn't started yet coding because I lacked of time ... last sunday, I wasn't aviable for the day and it took me some energy so now I need to sleep a little more than usual. But I learned how jam works and also autoconf, so I think I can try creating jamfiles for cslua.

Did you succeed to do something interresting ? Maybe if you did, you can continue until having something to put in a bazaar branch ... and in my side, I can search how to modify configure.ac and create Jamfiles.
Maybe I'll start now (depending how sleepy I feel).
paganwarrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 01:35:15 pm »

Bazaar not workibg for me. I try to fix the probel, and I'll put my code into the branch.
mildred

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 10:11:52 pm »

bzr not working ? maybe I can help ...

These times, I have very few time for personal projects because I started the school year along with an activity in an association, so I'm sorry to say I didn't progress so much. I'm still documenting myself about autoconf. I have ideas on how to do but it does not work yet.
Maybe it was not a good idea to start this project with you, bgecause I let you do all the work Smiley If you feel you're doing too much, don't hesitate to take a break ... I hope also that when you'll make your branch aviable, I'll be able to do something useful. The problem is that I don't know how to start tyhe plugin.
paganwarrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 07:33:15 am »

I have enough motivation - so I don't stop.
paganwarrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 09:36:01 pm »

I try to fix my problem . You can download a zipped snapshot from the current state vof development here:
htttp://w3.cablenet.hu/maxjoco/cslua.zip
mildred

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 05:32:46 am »

When I download it, I have a file with length = 0 ... no matter which software I use to download.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 01:08:11 am by mildred » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: