Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:59:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9010 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8774 Members
Latest Member: Amsore
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  Lua plugin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Lua plugin  (Read 9945 times)
paganwarrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 07:50:15 am »

When I download it, I have a file woth length = 0 ... no matter which software I use to download.

Aargh, this ftp server doesn't work correctly.... sorry.

The new link is http://crystaldoc.atw.hu/cslua.zip

paganwarrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 09:25:39 am »

And here is the source of the test app: http://crystaldoc.atw.hu/luatest.zip

Note: The app will collapse, when you try to start it. My next step will fix up bazaar, I need  versioning.
mildred

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 10:55:03 am »

What's going wrong with your bazaar ?

Anyway, I created the branch, and you can checkout from it.

Code:
cd $CRYSTAL
bzr checkout sftp://bazaar.launchpad.net/~cslua/cslua/CS

I'm currently trying to create jamfiles.

edit: created Jamfiles and it seems to work. Next step is to integrate your test application and also to use autoconf to detect LUA CFLAGS and LFLAGS. Actually the flags are defined directly in Jamfile.
I also removed some warnings (no newline at end of tile and unused variable)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 11:24:48 am by mildred » Logged
paganwarrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2006, 12:15:35 pm »

So, my test app loads correctly the lua plugin - a screenshot:

Crystal Space collapses, when I try to load flarge map, so I changed the map name in the LoadMap() function to terrain - and eerithing is ok.

Bazaar dies on my computer constantly, when I try to chekckout  - with a 'connection error - unable to reach SSH host bazaar.launcpad.net' . Any idea, what's wrong?

paganwarrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2006, 12:37:06 pm »

What's next?

1. I create a shorter simplified test app -this version is a 'copy-paste' work from my own CS project -with a litlle modification -the original console class was Python-based. We don't need map loading, and collosion detection - it's enough, whe we use the canonical CreateRoom() function.

2. I make the swig binding.

3. I write the needed lua test chunks.

4. Finishing touches - comand line options, or a simple config file to the plugin, redirecting the lua in,out, error channels.

5. Public test.

6. Let's go to create CEL binding.
mildred

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2006, 10:29:12 pm »

Begin to look like something interresting Smiley thanks for your work.

Bazaar dies on my computer constantly, when I try to chekckout  - with a 'connection error - unable to reach SSH host bazaar.launcpad.net' . Any idea, what's wrong?

Not many ideas ... I could help better if you used a gnu/linux system but let's try to solve that problem.
- does bazaar works with a local branch (try bzr init on a new folder) ?
- do you have configured your ssh keys ? both locally and in launchpad ?
- do you specify your lauchpad login th the branch URI ?
- what command line do you use ?

I don't know how it works on Windows, maybe you can try to install a unix environment like mingw or cygwin ... It should work then ...

And, I just realized it, it is not bazaar.launcpad.net but bazaar.launchpad.net, what if you just change the address ?
paganwarrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2006, 07:58:27 am »

And, I just realized it, it is not bazaar.launcpad.net but bazaar.launchpad.net, what if you just change the address ?

A wonder happens, bazaar works!

mildred

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2006, 11:00:54 pm »

Added the cslua-test branch with your test program. Testing it, I had a lua prompt on the crystal space window but print didn't printed anything on the terminal behind.

Anyways, I really need to take some time to llok deeper in the source to do something more useful than configure.ac and Jamfiles scripts.
About that, It appears you're using Windows while I use a gnu/linux distro, si I wonder how you compile Crystal Space ... do you use the configure script ? Anyways, it must be possible for you to use Jam just modifying some variables tn the Jamconfig file.
paganwarrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2006, 07:43:23 am »

In ther nearby future the test app will use the CS console to print  Lua output, the current solution maybe not platfom indepent (I never tested under Linux ).

I compiled the 1.0pre1 version  - with MSVC8 - this solution don't need any configuration script.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: