Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 01:40:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9010 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8799 Members
Latest Member: Tahnatta
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Jamming problems with cal3d
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jamming problems with cal3d  (Read 2794 times)
f4bo

View Profile Email
« on: October 15, 2006, 11:02:24 am »

I'd these errors while jam-ming CS pseudo-stable on ubuntu dapper (6.0.6):

C++ ./out/linuxx86/optimize/plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/sprcal3d.o
../plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/sprcal3d.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void cspluginSprCal3d::csSpriteCal3DMeshObjectFactory::HardTransform(const csReversibleTransform&)’:
../plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/sprcal3d.cpp:658: error: ‘class CalCoreSkeleton’ has no member named ‘getListRootCoreBoneId’
../plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/sprcal3d.cpp:659: error: ‘class CalCoreSkeleton’ has no member named ‘getListRootCoreBoneId’
../plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/sprcal3d.cpp:679: error: ‘CalTransform’ was not declared in this scope
../plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/sprcal3d.cpp:679: error: template argument 1 is invalid
../plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/sprcal3d.cpp:679: error: template argument 2 is invalid
../plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/sprcal3d.cpp:679: error: invalid type in declaration before ‘=’ token
../plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/sprcal3d.cpp:679: error: ‘class CalCoreAnimation’ has no member named ‘getPoses’
../plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/sprcal3d.cpp:680: error: request for member ‘size’ in ‘poses’, which is of non-class type ‘int’
../plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/sprcal3d.cpp:684: error: ‘class CalCoreSkeleton’ has no member named ‘getListRootCoreBoneId’
../plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/sprcal3d.cpp:685: error: ‘class CalCoreSkeleton’ has no member named ‘getListRootCoreBoneId’
../plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/sprcal3d.cpp:688: error: ‘class CalCoreAnimation’ has no member named ‘getTrackAssignment’
../plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/sprcal3d.cpp:692: error: ‘tf’ was not declared in this scope
../plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/sprcal3d.cpp:692: error: invalid types ‘int[unsigned int]’ for array subscript
../plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/sprcal3d.cpp:702: error: ‘class CalCoreAnimation’ has no member named ‘setPoses’

? ? g++ -c -o ./out/linuxx86/optimize/plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/sprcal3d.o -I../. -I./include -I.././include -Wall -Wno-unknown-pragmas -pipe -march=i686 -I/usr/local/include -fno-exceptions -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -fPIC -I/usr/local/include? ../plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/sprcal3d.cpp

...failed C++ ./out/linuxx86/optimize/plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/sprcal3d.o ...
...skipped sprcal3d.so for lack of <plugins!mesh!sprcal3d!object!>sprcal3d.o...

therefore I need to know if it is something that could be ignored or have to be fixed in some way and how.
the cal3d library is the last stable (0.11.0) and maked without errors by me.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 12:35:51 pm by f4bo » Logged
bookeater

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 07:52:41 pm »

I don't think anything over cal3d 0.9 works with the january release right? It seems like nothing indicates which win32 libs is for which source package. I believe the last version prior to july works? Thats kind of a guess.

Winter Knight

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 07:54:07 pm »

Had this exact same error. Here is the post: http://community.crystalspace3d.org/forum/index.php/topic,1299.0.html

Basically, there is a bug in crystal space code, and a file needs a patch. My post links to that patch.

Or, you can just download the file I'm posting, and place it in $CRYSTAL/plugins/mesh/sprcal3d/object/

A purist might say that this isn't a bug in crystal space, but rather the implementation of cal3d changed. However, I say that since the instructions are to download the latest cal3d, rather than a specifc cal3d, the fact that crystal space aims at a moving target and misses, crystal space still misses it's target. If they didn't want to aim at a moving target, they should have specified which version to download, or offer a working version on this site.

Anyway, replace this file, and it should work. Oh yeah, and it works with cal3d revision 420 (I think 425 too). If you use a newer version, I doubt you'll have any problems, but no gaurantees from me. It is, after all, a moving target.
Winter Knight

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 07:56:21 pm »

Stupid computer!! *angry*

Here's the patch. And you have to remove the .txt from the end. This forum doesn't let you post .cpp files.

* sprcal3d.cpp.txt (60.29 KB - downloaded 163 times.)
f4bo

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 09:24:11 am »

thank you for the patch WK I'll try it in my next build - strange as it seems even with the errors mentioned above, all the CS tests seems to work fine so I'm a little confused about what feature of CS this could affect.

A purist might say that this isn't a bug in crystal space, but rather the implementation of cal3d changed. However, I say that since the instructions are to download the latest cal3d, rather than a specifc cal3d, the fact that crystal space aims at a moving target and misses, crystal space still misses it's target. If they didn't want to aim at a moving target, they should have specified which version to download, or offer a working version on this site.

I strongly feel the same as you - the solution is indeed to flank to each CS source distribution the sources known to work with that CS release as for the mandatory as for a set of the suggested packages (ode,cal3d etc...)
bookeater

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 07:08:01 pm »

Ignoring cal3d plugins won't effect anything if you never load that file format. It is an alternate format for animated mesh files, the other main format for animation sprite3d will still work.

f4bo

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 08:22:58 am »

Ignoring cal3d plugins won't effect anything if you never load that file format. It is an alternate format for animated mesh files, the other main format for animation sprite3d will still work.
good to know that bookeater - thank you!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: