Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 11:31:21 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9020 Posts in 2053 Topics by 8579 Members
Latest Member: Pawdykn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Is the pseudo-stable createproject.sh buggy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is the pseudo-stable createproject.sh buggy?  (Read 1649 times)
f4bo

View Profile Email
« on: October 16, 2006, 10:32:36 am »

I got a pseudo-stable CS (0.99 from 27 January 2006) built by me on ubuntu dapper 6.06 and I want to compile a simple CS app so I created an app skeleton as mentioned in the documentation using the createproject.sh script, then just to test if it works and without to touch anything, I launched ./configure apparently without problems and while jam-ming this is what I got:

/home/fuffy/cssdk/include/crystalspace/csutil/scf_interface.h:107: warning: ‘struct iBase’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
/home/fuffy/cssdk/include/crystalspace/csutil/scf_interface.h:145: warning: ‘struct iSCF’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
/home/fuffy/cssdk/include/crystalspace/iutil/strset.h:65: warning: ‘struct iStringSet’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
/home/fuffy/cssdk/include/crystalspace/csutil/scf.h:693: warning: ‘struct iFactory’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
/home/fuffy/cssdk/include/crystalspace/iutil/eventnames.h:60: warning: ‘struct iEventNameRegistry’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor

... (a long sequence of other similar warnings)
and at the end:

src/appwd.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool AppWd::OnKeyboard(iEvent&)’:
src/appwd.cpp:60: error: ‘cscmdQuit’ was not declared in this scope
? ? g++ -c -o ./out/linuxx86/optimize/src/appwd.o -I. -I./src -I. -Wall -Wno-unknown-pragmas -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -I/home/fuffy/cssdk/include/crystalspace? src/appwd.cpp

...failed C++ ./out/linuxx86/optimize/src/appwd.o ...
...skipped wd for lack of <src!>appwd.o...
...failed updating 1 target(s)...
...skipped 1 target(s)...

and of course no binary were produced.

since I'd double checked the entire process, configurations etc. 3 times, I'm beginning to suspect that that script is buggy so I'm asking: does is true for other ppl or is just me?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 10:38:02 am »

You can ignore the warnings. The error is caused by an outdated createproject.sh indeed. But it is easy to fix. Just check out the generated source and also check out simple1 app (or tutorial) to see how it should be instead.

Greetings,
f4bo

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 11:41:33 am »

You can ignore the warnings. The error is caused by an outdated createproject.sh indeed. But it is easy to fix. Just check out the generated source and also check out simple1 app (or tutorial) to see how it should be instead.

Greetings,

I confirm what you said - for those fallen in this issue and to have fast a simple app to toy with do as I did:

• launch ./createproject.sh fulfilling the reqests and name the project as you want, i.e. myapp)
  • cd myapp
  • copy everything in the tutorial folder simple1 BUT jamfile into ./src folder
  • rename src/simple1.cpp to src/main.cpp
  • launch ./configure
  • launch jam (a lot of warnigs will come out but no fear)

now you should have a working binary named as you settled in createproject.sh
NB: I've tried also with waterdemo and it worked so I suppose the same process could be applied to every tutorial app.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 11:43:14 am by f4bo » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: