Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 09:23:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7628 Members
Latest Member: Majstersztyk1989
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  where is the command line?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: where is the command line?  (Read 2702 times)
jaglar

View Profile Email
« on: July 04, 2007, 04:21:37 pm »

can someone tell me how to open command directory? i installed CS1.0.1 Tutorial says;
On Windows:     
walktest.exe -relight

where will i write this? tutorial says just write it but where? i got Visual C++ too.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 11:24:12 am »

I have only recently started learning CS.. so it's kind of the blind leading the blind.  However.. this is what my experience has been so far..

Once you "jam install" it moves all the binaries from your CS_src dir into your Msys directory tree.  Msys seems to be like a miniature *nix filesystem.  You can't just use windows to double click and run the demos yet.  You can use msys though..  cd to your cs_src dir and run "walktest -relight" from there.

When you get it working, can you tell me what the performance is like?  It looks great on my laptop, but it's laggy.  I don't have access to another computer right now to compare.  Thanks Smiley
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 04:01:30 pm »

Jam isn't used when compiling on Visual C++, so jam install etc isn't relevant.

The command line is the windows command shell, you find it under Start->All Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt

-M
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: