Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 06:19:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9011 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8816 Members
Latest Member: Hejduczo
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  NewbieTroubles
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NewbieTroubles  (Read 1748 times)
Skip VDMolen

View Profile Email
« on: July 30, 2007, 07:25:14 pm »

I created a project via "createproject.sh " and was successful compiling with "jam".
Following the examples/tutorial I got to the point where I added  "    if (!loader->LoadTexture ("stone","/lib/std/stone4.gif"))..." etc but it would cause a bus error on execution. I got a similar crash when executing the "simple" examples if I was not in a certain directory. If I remove the aforementioned offending line it would run. Also its not clear how to load your own pix. Any help would be appreciated. Note subject title...newbie is the operative word.
tia,
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 05:15:42 am »

Quote from:  link=topic=1377.msg6298#msg6298 date=1185819914
I created a project via "createproject.sh " and was successful compiling with "jam".
Following the examples/tutorial I got to the point where I added  "    if (!loader->LoadTexture ("stone","/lib/std/stone4.gif"))..." etc but it would cause a bus error on execution. I got a similar crash when executing the "simple" examples if I was not in a certain directory. If I remove the aforementioned offending line it would run. Also its not clear how to load your own pix. Any help would be appreciated. Note subject title...newbie is the operative word.
tia,

Best is to run in a debugger and try to see why exactly it is crashing on that line. You can give us a callstack if you want. Then we can help diagnose the problem.

Greetings,
Skip VDMolen

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 06:21:52 pm »

Thanks, I figured it out. I missed something or the tutorials failed to mention a line to include. By comparative anatomy I found it. I can now "build" and run a project based on the tutorials but I not getting a good feeling as to why I'm doing what I'm doing; just filling in the blanks. Its also not clear how I would build my own room or sprite, texture, etc. I have an idea that is not a game but a practical application that is game like. This is why I'm trying to pick up Crystalspace. Any pointers beyond the tutorials would be appreciated. BTW any ideas on how CS could be interface to CAD output?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 08:23:36 pm »

There are a few additional tutorials on the CS site itself (in the documentation section). Perhaps those can help?

If you have questions you can always visit the #CrystalSpace IRC room at the FreeNode network.

I don't know a lot about CAD so no idea exactly what that would involve. But I don't see why not.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: