Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 03:36:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9292 Members
Latest Member: Agaqkopa
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  bender2crystal
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: bender2crystal  (Read 1840 times)
Skip VDMolen

View Profile Email
« on: August 10, 2007, 02:28:33 pm »

background:
Newbie, Install CrystalSpace and worked through examples, Installed Bender and worked through examples, installed bender2crystal(b2c) and worked though examples. OS X.
Problem:
When b2c executes walktest the objects float away. The same is true even if I load an example(*.blend) or run walktest separately. Any ideas of what I'm not doing correctly?
bookeater2

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 12:18:28 am »

Is it only the level you made where this happens, or what map is it? You are aware that if the camera is below the floor, or there is no floor, gravity will pull you down?
Skip VDMolen

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 02:27:36 pm »

First, thanks for the quick responce.
To answer your questions there was 1 level and for a test a simple cube. However, your second question I believe addresses my problem. My understanding of the "gravity" issue is that I read something somewhere  that alluded to it but did not explain it. I attempted to add a "floor" by adding a plane mesh perpendicular to the Z-axis and below everything. Still drifted. However, I did come to my senses over the weekend and realized that in BLENDER 8 and numeric 8 are not the same. 8 turn off gravity and that stopped the drift. Now I'm still in the dark as to how to properly generate a floor to build my objects over.
Again thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: