Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 09:21:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8482 Members
Latest Member: Tracybuchanan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  blender2crystal not working (gentoo-linux)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: blender2crystal not working (gentoo-linux)  (Read 1561 times)
Urza2k

View Profile Email
« on: October 14, 2007, 08:19:36 pm »

Hi,
I have running a gentoo-64bit-system and get python error when i try to export.
My System:
Gentoo-Linux-2.6.20-gentoo-r8-64
Python: 2.5.1
Crystalspace: 1.2 (Installed)
Blender: 2.45

The error-output:
otto@Urzas-Tower / $ blender
guessing 'blender' == '/usr/bin/blender'
Compiled with Python version 2.5.1.
Checking for installed Python... got it!
E: Make sure you set your CRYSTAL environment variable before loading blender.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 47, in <module>
  File "/usr/share/blender/scripts/bpymodules/b2cs/__init__.py", line 40, in <module>
    import spacehandlers
  File "/usr/share/blender/scripts/bpymodules/b2cs/spacehandlers/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
    import draw as _draw
  File "/usr/share/blender/scripts/bpymodules/b2cs/spacehandlers/draw.py", line 2, in <module>
    import b2cs.overlay
  File "/usr/share/blender/scripts/bpymodules/b2cs/overlay/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
    import export
  File "/usr/share/blender/scripts/bpymodules/b2cs/overlay/export.py", line 4, in <module>
    import b2cs.gui.gui
  File "/usr/share/blender/scripts/bpymodules/b2cs/gui/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
    import gui,event,reg
  File "/usr/share/blender/scripts/bpymodules/b2cs/gui/gui.py", line 24, in <module>
    _output_file = Create(ui_keys["output_file"])
KeyError: 'output_file'

I hope anyone has an idea.
And I don't know how to set the CRYSTAL-Variable

Thanks
Urza2k

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 01:41:42 am »

I have the same problem here.

Can anyone provide a pointer, where I can find information to fix it?

Best wishes,
Arne
bookeater2

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 04:49:25 pm »

I think it's just an environment variable, below is just quoted from the manual, that's all I know...

There are several ways of setting environment variables in Unix. There are two common types of Unix shells, the Bourne shell (and its variants, such as Bash), and the C-shell (and its variants, such as Tcsh). Setting environment variables in Bourne shells is done in two steps. First set the variable, and then export it so that it is available to programs run by the shell. For example, if Crystal Space is installed in ‘/usr/local/CS’ the correct commands would be:

CRYSTAL="/usr/local/CS"
export CRYSTAL

Some Bourne shells (such as Bash) allow the two steps to be combined, so that the following single command may also work:

export CRYSTAL="/usr/local/CS"

For C-shell, you instead use the ‘setenv’ command. For example:

setenv CRYSTAL "/usr/local/CS"

If you do not want to type these commands each time you start up a shell, you should insert them into one of the shell startup files that are automatically invoked when the shell launches. For Bourne shell, you can place the commands in a file named ‘.profile’ in your home directory. Bash users can insert them into the file ‘.bash_profile’, or alternately ‘/etc/profile’ if you want to set the ‘CRYSTAL’ environment variable for all users. C-shell users can insert the ‘setenv’ command into the ‘.cshrc’ file in their home directory (or, the file ‘.tcshrc’ for Tcsh users).

If you are modifying a global startup file, such as ‘/etc/profile’, be sure to read the comments in the since some configuration tools of GNU/Linux distributions override the settings. In this case the distributions often created other files that are called automatically and are not touched by the configuration tools.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: