Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 10:08:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9009 Posts in 2047 Topics by 8259 Members
Latest Member: Robinfallon
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Projects
| |-+  Project Discussion
| | |-+  Looking for a game engine.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Looking for a game engine.  (Read 3650 times)
Pejayuk

View Profile Email
« on: September 19, 2007, 12:49:02 am »

Hi,
I'm looking for a game engine for my project.
I want to create a 3d driving shooter. Car's with guns mounted on them. I also want to have a lot of cars in this game (16 - 32 would be good).
Most driving games like flatout don't allow enough players and I find that annoying.
Also, Does this engine allow you to mount objects to each other in a child/parent way. Example. I mount a gun to the car and the car moves, and the gun automaticaly follows the car as its a child object of the car. If so, can the gun(child object) be then controlled by code in a local co-ordinate system or do all object use a world co-ordinate system only?.
I ask this because I was using Torque Game Engine and found this to be a big problem with their engine and also there was a lot of lag in their network code so even 2 cars was to much for the engines network code to handle.
Another question. Sorry. Has anyone used this engine for a driving game and if so, can I have a link to see how it performs.
Many thanks in advance.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 05:39:42 am »

Yes, hierarchical objects are supported. You can mount weapons or other stuff on a parent mesh and they will move/transform with the parent. You can control the position of the children in a local coordinate system.

Take a look at Interstate Outlaws (http://www.interstateoutlaws.com/). That's a driving/shooting game made with Crystal Space. You can find a screenshot here: http://www.interstateoutlaws.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=120.

Greetings,
Pejayuk

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 01:04:06 pm »

Many thanks Jorrit,
I will take a good look around the documentation for the engine. Cheesy
Hope to become a part of the community.
Thanks again.
Pejayuk.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: