Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 06:22:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9011 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8902 Members
Latest Member: Nelmczyk
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Projects
| |-+  Project Discussion
| | |-+  What about some real time strategy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What about some real time strategy?  (Read 4018 times)
Xavi

View Profile Email
« on: October 05, 2007, 05:24:04 pm »

Hi everyone here!

Im really glad to become a member of the crystal space community! and like most of the people who takes a look at this posts, im starting to create a game!

Well, arrived at this point lot of people can think: "uh, theres nothing new in what you say, boy!"
But i really want to make SOME games (ive got thousands of interesting ideas in my head, yeah, i know that they maybe are only interesting for me but... i've got'em!)

And here i am! trying to find some interested people on working on this! and for those who have time and are interested, i just can say that i want to make a ral time battle game, most like starcraft or warcraft
(saying "like" i don't mean to copy em, i've got some ideas to make a brand new game)
And i have the races and some universe ideas in my head, (every day more, cause im working on it) so if anyone is interested, please post here and we can comunicate to start this!

Thanks to all who will post!!

Xavi

Xavi
Xavi

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 12:11:50 pm »

Ok! Ok! Ok!

I see that noone is interested on projects that are not FPS or MMORPG.....

So then, just, can anyone tell me if im not getting wrong in thinikg of developing this game with CS ?

Ok for anyone who hasnt seen it take a look at www.starcraft2.com, i reccomend to look at the pictures. it has a strong illumination, dof, and particles... I don't say i want to copy this game, but its the best reference (the images speak theirselves....)

Ok, the designing is still going on! so when i've got some interesting stuff i will post it here!

thx people!

Xavi
Cheomesh

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 09:29:39 am »

Actually, I've come here to use and learn about CS with the sole intention on making an RTS.  It's a large project and I was hoping to gather another coder (can't do it all myself) and other positions (modeler, skinner, etc) here.

The RTS genre has IMO become sort of stagnant and I've been slowly refining my concept over the last few years to be something I hope "gets out there".

M.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: