Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 06:39:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7597 Members
Latest Member: Drukareczka1989
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  CEL Discussion
| | |-+  CelStart
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: CelStart  (Read 14400 times)
teike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 01:09:55 am »

heh kewl I think I will port my compile stuff to jam ^^

Code:
...found 901 target(s)...
...updating 13 target(s)...
C++ ./out/linuxx86/optimize/plugins/stdphyslayer/pl.o
plugins/stdphyslayer/pl.cpp: In member function `virtual iCelEntityTemplate* celPlLayer::GetEntityTemplate(size_t) const':
plugins/stdphyslayer/pl.cpp:331: error: `ConstGlobalIterator' is not a member of `csHash<csRef<celEntityTemplate>, csStrKey, CS::Memory::AllocatorMalloc>'
plugins/stdphyslayer/pl.cpp:331: error: expected `;' before "it"
plugins/stdphyslayer/pl.cpp:336: error: `it' undeclared (first use this function)
plugins/stdphyslayer/pl.cpp:336: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)

g++ -c -o ./out/linuxx86/optimize/plugins/stdphyslayer/pl.o -I. -I./include -I. -O2 -march=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -pipe -Wall -O2 -march=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -DPACKAGE_NAME=CEL -Wall -O2 -march=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -O2 -march=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -O3 -fPIC -I/Programs/CrystalSpace/Current/include/crystalspace  plugins/stdphyslayer/pl.cpp

...failed C++ ./out/linuxx86/optimize/plugins/stdphyslayer/pl.o ...
...skipped stdphyslayer.so for lack of <plugins!stdphyslayer!>pl.o...
...failed updating 1 target(s)...
...skipped 1 target(s)...

svn checkout command based on labels (set of tested files) could be handy ^^, despite not latest.., unless the problem is here... XD
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006, 05:28:09 am »

Latest should work. Are you sure you're using latest of both CS and CEL? That errors was in CEL/CS some time ago (a month or so?) but it should be fixed by now. Try to check that you're really on latest svn version of both.

Greetings,
teike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 02:32:39 am »

oh.. ok now I got the latest of both thru svn and both compiled ok
revisions: cs 25594, cel 2305

btw shaders looks really impressive Smiley

if it helps...
celstart menu only gave segfault to demos.
these demos run ok (celstart demofilename.celzip): castle, physicsdemo, shadertest, xmlparticles
these gave errors, didnt even open 3D window: bouncy, celdemo, crystaldash
and them all exit with segfault.

but now I can begin adjustments to my project XD
thxyo!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 02:34:12 am by teike » Logged
Andreas Naive

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2006, 11:50:56 pm »

Hi,

I have a general question concerning CelStart:

I was looking for 3D engines with Python bindings for use in a personal project, and i have come to see that:

1) CS has python bindings. Fine.
2) Some people seem to have been able to make it work with wxWidgets, which is great for me, as the GUI framework i wanna use is wxPython.
3) CelStart looks fine, and could be a good development platform for a (simple) project like mine...

My question is: do you think CelStart could be used as a 3D graphic render inside a wxPython application? I'm also worried by the (apparently) lack of extensive documentation. Are the samples enough to learn the basics?

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2006, 06:12:33 am »

I must admit that I don't know a lot about wxWidgets but I think that indeed the idea is that you can embed CS applications within a wxWindow. At least that's the idea. About lack of documentation you are right but there is now good documentation for celstart available on the blender2crystal site (there is a link to that from the celstart page): http://b2cs.delcorp.org/index.php/Documentation.

And of course you can always ask questions here.

Greetings,
PeterK

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 01:02:52 am »

Hello,
I installed Python (2.5.1) and cel and cs (zip file) according to http://b2cs.delcorp.org/index.php/ArtistInstall and set CRYSTAL and CEL system variables to cs/ and /cel directories. Is it sufficient to run demos from pycelstart7.8/maps dir? Or i need to install something else? How can i run these demos (lookat.zip)?

Cheers,
Peter
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 02:54:49 am by PeterK » Logged
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 05:17:29 am »

Normally you set the environment variable PYTHONPATH to point to the zip file that you want to run and then you go to the celstart directory and run celstart test.zip (replace test.zip with the zip file that you want to test).

Easiest to do this from a commandline.

Greetings,
PeterK

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 10:49:06 am »

I had problem with "python24.dll not found" but i got it from crystalspace celstart ditribution http://www.crystalspace3d.org/downloads/celstart/celstart-v7-win32.zip
But.. i have another problem:

---cut---
SCF_NOTIFY: loading plugin E:\Program Files\pycelstart-7.8\pycelstart7.8\cs\shadermgr.dll to satisfy request for csShaderManager
SCF_NOTIFY: loading plugin E:\Program Files\pycelstart-7.8\pycelstart7.8\cs\xmlshader.dll to satisfy request for csXMLShaderCompiler
SCF_NOTIFY: loading plugin E:\Program Files\pycelstart-7.8\pycelstart7.8\cs\rendstep_std.dll to satisfy request for csGenericRSType
SCF_NOTIFY: loading plugin E:\Program Files\pycelstart-7.8\pycelstart7.8\cel\blpython.dll to satisfy request for celBlPython
'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "e:\Program Files\pycelstart-7.8\pycelstart7.8\cs\cspace.py", line 6, in
?
    import new
ImportError: No module named new
Error running text 'import cspace'
---cut---

And error "crystalspace.application.celstart:  Can't load behaviour layer 'blpython' with id 'cel.behaviourlayer.python'!"

Maybe it's something wrong with python24.dll library from CELstart distribution? Any ideas what could i do wrong?

Greetings,
Leetonicon

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 03:18:30 pm »

I'd suggest uninstalling python 2.5 and installing the latest python2.4 (i.e. the whole python2.4 env, not just the python24 dll).  I had the same issue with celstart 7 on windows (not sure if my linux is just old enough that i'm still running 2.4 or if this is a windows only issue... have noticed that I still need to futz with PythonPath under windows; linux works fine.)

editted to add:  Plug... I posted a python celstart example file to the celstart main page
(http://www.crystalspace3d.org/main/CELstart#Python_Based_Example_Demos.2FGames)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 03:20:48 pm by Leetonicon » Logged
wrwrwr

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 06:51:05 pm »

That's true you need python 2.4 (and full map path in pythonpath) for celstart v7. This "import site failed" is the same problem  hidden because of python being embedded. For pycelstart7.8 you need both pythons, and those extensions from b2cs site for 2.5.1. No need to set pythonpath if running with pycelstart.py, however.

Make sure you install python 2.4 before 2.5 (uninstall 2.5 if you already have it).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 06:54:13 pm by wrwrwr » Logged
Kriss

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2007, 04:33:06 pm »

First of all, CELStart is a good idea! As someone who prefers to use 3ds max over Code:Blocks and such, I'd like to say thank you for that. But I have a quick question: is haze supported there (in version 1.2)?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: