Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 11:45:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8498 Members
Latest Member: Travisware
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Projects
| |-+  Project Discussion
| | |-+  Question on how to recruit people.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Question on how to recruit people.  (Read 5938 times)
Cheomesh

View Profile Email
« on: October 28, 2007, 09:44:41 am »

It's a simple question but this would be the first time I would be making a group from scratch.

I'm a good leader, and a programming student.  (Comp. Sci. major, changing to Comp. Prog.)  I, therefor, have skills of my own that I can "bring to the table", and am not the proverbial "idea guy", who just makes work for others to do.  I cannot, however, expect myself to be the teams only programmer, nor can I model to any high degree, nor have I tried skinning or rigging.  Naturally, I need help.  But how do I ask for it?  How much of my project info do I give up?  I've been refining the concept for a while now and do not desire it to be 'snatched up' by a more veteran team, leaving me int the dust.

I am new to Crystal Space and have yet to get through all of the documents.  I did read the sticky in this group about the pitfalls of game design, etc.  I was considering getting a few local guys that share my / have a similar major, though the few I already know I highly doubt would make good, dedicated team members. 

I'm asking because I'm unsure if there is a lot of "open" members, people without a project but a drive to assist others with theirs.  Because this is a specialized community I figured this forum would be more likely to harbor a bunch of projects, and a high number of people tied up in projects in relation to number of people not involved with anything, yet having the skills to contribute.

Any assistance would be great.

M.
Vcjr

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 07:35:29 pm »

yo count me in ok but im new ok
Mystik

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 12:03:07 am »

I'm interested in working with a development team... I'm extremely adept at 3D Modeling, but only have limited experience with Blender atm. I'm an SL veteran and have used Blender to model some already. It's very intuitive I'd say, after you get a few of the basics down. The rest is really art. wink

If you're interested, shoot me an offline or an email.

Sincerely,
Mystik.

(****UPDATE****)
Apparently this project has been abandoned, I've been informed by "M" via email.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 02:13:56 am by Mystik » Logged
Dennis107

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 08:41:47 pm »

(****UPDATE****)
Apparently this project has been abandoned, I've been informed by "M" via email.

Oh man, I was just about to jump in here. Anyone know why it was abandonded? The project sounded pretty promising...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 08:44:38 pm by Dennis107 » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: