Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 10:10:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9010 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8773 Members
Latest Member: Betuls
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Projects
| |-+  Project Discussion
| | |-+  AMR-Simulator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: AMR-Simulator  (Read 4326 times)
Chris

View Profile Email
« on: November 05, 2007, 12:34:35 pm »

Hi there,

I am a university student in electronics, and for a student thesis I started a project to create a Simulator for AMRs (autonomous mobile robots) that are supposed to use visual (camera) information to navigate through an unknown environment. So I need an engine that will provide me with a comfortable API so I can concentrate on creating the simulator and not the graphics. I have chosen CS and I am very happy with my choice. I started the project 2 months ago and I have a working version of the simulator. Because of the requirements my university gave me, I had to include an interface with Matlab. Right now the program won't run without it. But I am planning to bring a version of my simulator that only needs scilab (an open-source program that is similar to Matlab). The first release of my software will be around 19th December, since I have a deadline at university then. The following release with scilab will be around march 2008, as I will have some spare time to rewrite the code for the interface only after my exams in february.

Right now I have reached a stage where I need to create an environment for my simulator. Since I am no designer I will need help with that and I am already looking forward to bugging you all with my silly questions Wink Anyone wanting to help me is, of course, greatly appreciated.

Greetings, Chris
Darek

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 11:45:42 am »

Sounds cool.
For your environment you can you hundrets of free models laying in the internet thrash Smiley I think this is not a problem. Try 'blender model repository' or 'gamasutra exchange'.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: