Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 02:58:21 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8479 Members
Latest Member: Darbee3
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Should the sectors be set in the same coordinate?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Should the sectors be set in the same coordinate?  (Read 2541 times)

View Profile Email
« on: November 07, 2007, 02:02:38 pm »

I am new in CrystalSpace.
     I am not sure that should the sectors be set in the same coordinate? Can I set the different sectors in different coordinate system? If that, how to transform the different coordinate system between the sectors when i have to use a portal to connect them?     
       Thank you very much for your help!
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 02:03:53 pm »

Quote from:  link=topic=1493.msg6762#msg6762 date=1194440558
     I am new in CrystalSpace.
     I am not sure that should the sectors be set in the same coordinate? Can I set the different sectors in different coordinate system? If that, how to transform the different coordinate system between the sectors when i have to use a portal to connect them?     
       Thank you very much for your help!

Sectors don't really have a coordinate system. The relative coordinate system of two sectors is defined by the space warping that the portal does. So if you use a non-space warping portal then automatically the two sectors will have same coordinate space. To control this you need to control the space warping in the portal itself.

Greetings,

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 03:12:49 pm »

If the sectors don't really have the coordinate system, which coordinate system the object use in the sectors, world space coordinates or camera space coordinates?
    Can i creat a lot of sectors, replicate them and use portal to connect them in different place, in a word, to use them many times in the same world map to compose a level to the game? For example, assume i create sector01, sector02 and use portal to connect them like this:

sector01 | portal01 | sector02 | portal02 | sector01 | portal03| sector01| portal04|……

for this i want to ues them in a  labyrinth to represent the same terrain, can i do it like this? Is it right?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 03:16:19 pm »

Quote from:  link=topic=1493.msg6764#msg6764 date=1194444769
    If the sectors don't really have the coordinate system, which coordinate system the object use in the sectors, world space coordinates or camera space coordinates?

Well obviously objects use world space coordinates. Camera space coordinates don't make sense here.

Can i creat a lot of sectors, replicate them and use portal to connect them in different place, in a word, to use them many times in the same world map to compose a level to the game? For example, assume i create sector01, sector02 and use portal to connect them like this:

sector01 | portal01 | sector02 | portal02 | sector01 | portal03| sector01| portal04|……

for this i want to ues them in a  labyrinth to represent the same terrain, can i do it like this? Is it right?

You can do all kinds of interesting tricks here but remember that 'sector01' is always the same sector. So if you use it multiple times like you do above you essentially end up in exactly the same sector with exactly the same coordinate system.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: