Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 05:20:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9011 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8828 Members
Latest Member: Saikjanna
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  CEL Discussion
| | |-+  need a file for celstart that isn't included in binary for windows
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: need a file for celstart that isn't included in binary for windows  (Read 5336 times)
fireside

View Profile Email
« on: November 04, 2007, 04:54:27 am »

cspace is included in the celstart binary 1.2 for windows, however, cspace imports a file called _cpace which isn't included in the download.  Does anyone know how I could get that file?  I need it because blender2crystal needs it.  It's a python file.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 04:56:49 am by fireside » Logged
Leetonicon

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 04:23:58 pm »

What version of python are you using (I'm assuming you installed Python first)... I've found that I need to use Python 2.4 to get celstart (the default binary) to work under Windows or I get that error.

Oops... meant to add that 2.5 works just fine under Linux with the latest celstart binary (even using the exact same celstart applications)
fireside

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 05:13:57 pm »

I'm no python wiz or anything, but I know that if it says import _cspace, then that file has to exist and be in the path someplace.  The file doesn't exist in the latest celstart binary for windows.  Celstart looks really cool but there doesn't seem to be much support. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 05:21:56 pm by fireside » Logged
Leetonicon

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 02:30:23 pm »

can't help you then.  I just did a search on my windows drive and found no cspace.dll file (which should be what python loads when it sees import _cspace) but I can vouch that up until my video card died (leaving me with the onboard PoS), I was quite able to run celstart with python apps when using python 2.4  and got an error (which I am pretty sure is the one you're seeing but am not certain) when I had python 2.5 installed.  I did a grep in the celstart directory under windows and msvcrt.dll has cspace in it (but I can't remember how to do the equivalent of nm myobj.so to dump the dll symbol table (or else I can but it's been stripped) to see if it actually has the cspace code or if that's just a weird collision... it's possible that the cspace module is embedded inside that dll (and then possible but I'm stretching) that python 2.4 supported that somewhat bizarre behavior whereas 2.5 introduced stricter rules.

Good luck.
fireside

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 01:47:56 am »

I did a search and apparently they did drop a file extension for dll in version 2.5.  I really can't go back to version 2.4 which is what, over a year old now isn't it?  They can't expect us to keep 2.4 on our systems that long.  Does it work with 2.5 in linux?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 02:04:03 am by fireside » Logged
Leetonicon

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 02:53:49 pm »

I had mentioned that I had used it just fine with python 2.5 under linux, but remembered that I should caveat that with the fact that I built celstart under linux myself versus using the supplied one (and I can't test the prebuilt one anymore due to other issues)
fireside

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 04:26:44 pm »

Sorry, I missed that.  Maybe I'll try it with Linux, then.  I really don't want to reinstall 2.4.  I would at least like to go through the tutorials.  There's a python24.dll in the celstart directory so it's probably not going to work any other way in Windows.  Maybe I'll just wait till they upgrade celstart for Windows, also.  I've got other things to do anyway.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 04:48:20 pm by fireside » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: