Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 04:57:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8229 Members
Latest Member: Kula999lidia
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Game Content Creation
| | |-+  Q: Character animations lacks one thing?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Q: Character animations lacks one thing?  (Read 3944 times)
Kriss

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2007, 07:15:19 pm »

CELStart 1.2, XML (I'm not a programmer)
So I was able to create a test level (just a bunch of gigantic trees with houses on them surrounded by fog and falling leaves) and a test character (and as usually she contains 24000 triangles Smiley ).
But there's something I think is missing in cal3d animations (or I just didn't find it).
You see, in order to jump your character usually should sit a little (at least), but is there any way to "delay" jumping a little? Same for landing (character needs some time after landing to stand at least)

Second question: is there a way to specify animation when a character starts something (that won't repeat itself during the process) like from: walking to running (and vice versa), running > strafing(and vice versa), and so on?..
I probably mis-posted this, so excuse me.
Darek

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 02:31:15 am »

1- yes, in your game logic, e.g. after pushing jump button it counts half a second and activate jump action then
yo can try to use also quest system for this, but in this case maybe it's little dirty way

2 - the same answer, in your game logic, nobody said that up arrow is just walking forward, when you push up key then activate first small animation and then main animation
Kriss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 06:08:39 am »

Thanks Darek, I didn't even think I should dig that way...
However can you please give a couple of examples?
Like one for when actual "jump" sequence starts, for example, 0.5 seconds after animation start. Is this what you meant BTW?

Second one, as fas as I understand, is when it checks if the character is walking and then if it's true then it starts certain sequence, but can you give an example since I even wasn't able to figure-out how to zoom camera...
OffTopic:
BTW about camera zoom, is this depends on camera mode? I suspect that every "default" camera uses
<var name="camoffs_opt" value="4.0"/> and
<var name="camdist_opt" value="13.0"/>
still I was able to rotate camera, but was able to zoom only to one more position (2 positions total: "default" and "close") without even being able to zoom-out back from "close" to "default". with this:
Code:
      <event name="pccommandinput_camclose1">
        <property propclass="?pccam" id="propid(distance)" value="-0.5" />
      </event>
      <event name="pccommandinput_camclose0">
        <property propclass="?pccam" id="propid(distance)" value="0.0" />
      </event>
      <event name="pccommandinput_camfar1">
        <property propclass="?pccam" id="propid(distance)" value="0.5" />
      </event>
      <event name="pccommandinput_camfar0">
        <property propclass="?pccam" id="propid(distance)" value="0.0" />
      </event>
Yes I'm still quite dumb in this...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 09:36:35 am by Kriss » Logged
Darek

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 06:11:07 pm »

Programing is a knowedgle not about c++ or any language but about changing own ideas to computer's sequential logic. Sorry but you need to learn programming. At least thinking as programmer, it's too essential and long to explain stuff like this step by step. Maybe try UML logic first - buy a book, then read CEL xml documentation and everything will be easy Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: