Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 09:57:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8231 Members
Latest Member: Loiselelias
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Can't start random world file with walktest
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can't start random world file with walktest  (Read 1500 times)

View Profile Email
« on: December 09, 2007, 06:43:47 pm »

Hi! Just started with crystal space, made a small world file but walktest keeps running the castle map. I've read in the manual that "Walktest takes the name of a map to load as a command line parameter. " so tried "walktest world" but returns "could not open map file 'world' on the VFS"

I'm using slackware, trying to run walktest in a dir where the world file with it's textures are stored. I suppose that the dir isn't in the path in some cfg file or the answer is something just as simple, but I can't make it work. Some help, please?

Dan
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 07:16:38 pm »

You don't give the 'world' file as a parameter to walktest but instead you give the path to the world file. So if you have a world file in your current directory then you would run walktest with /this as a parameter. /this is the name for the current directory in VFS. If you have a world file in a zip file you can do walktest world.zip. If you have a world file in a directory you can do walktest directory

But you don't specify 'world' itself.

Greetings,

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 12:24:32 am »

Thanks a lot, it's working now!!

Dan
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: