Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2014, 06:31:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9026 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9159 Members
Latest Member: Georgesoliz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Game Content Creation
| | |-+  genmesh Model animation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: genmesh Model animation  (Read 7550 times)
Mysticpui

puiwong01@netvigator.com
View Profile Email
« on: January 06, 2008, 03:16:46 pm »

Hello there,

I made several simple models with animation using blender and exported via b2cs in genmesh type, but I dunno how to call back those animation. Are there exist class in API to do that or anyway to do that?

Thanks

Pui

A noob that keep learning CS && blender
Vincent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 01:44:57 am »

iSkeleton interface, perhaps ?
Lonewolf

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 02:38:08 pm »

Hi me and my team are having trouble just viewing the animation in Viewmesh, it crashes every time we load the animation.  Also in the game engine it is not exporting the animations either.  We have followed the blender2crystal tutorial to a tee.  Is there a test file we can use to see if the exporter or the viewmesh program is broken?  We are using the SVN versions of both.
bookeater2

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 04:47:49 pm »

I found several files http://b2cs.delcorp.org/examples/character/

It did work (I don't know how well) with "run" but not viewmesh when I tried.
It seems like these meshes need the character type shader(s) set in the material, so check that.
Lonewolf

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 07:53:28 am »

Thanks we got the model_esq2.blend file to work but we had to open blender first, then open the exporter, then open the model so it doesn't crash it right off the back.  From there as you said it ran fine when you go to Run, Ctrl+R but not in Viewmesh. 

Now we are just trying to figure out the proper way to rig a model for this as it seems none of the rigs we had created prior to this work.  One model we had just rotates forward in a 360 degree circle then stops.  The others are static, no matter how I set them up in Blender.  We already know it needs vertex groups and the mesh parented to the armature, and followed the export tutorial as we got the other example blend file working, but there seems to be something else throwing it off we don't know about.  Any suggestions there?
Lonewolf

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 03:42:41 am »

Does anyone have a solution for this?  I keep getting errors no matter how I rig the mesh to the armature.  This is the main error I get:

crystalspace.genmeshfactoryloader.parse:  Render buffer vertex count(5998) different from factory vertex count (7602)
crystalspace.genmeshfactoryloader.parse:  [node: library,meshfact(name=Character),params,renderbuffer(name=bones indices)]
crystalspace.genmeshfactoryloader.parse:  Render buffer vertex count(5998) different from factory vertex count (7602)
crystalspace.genmeshfactoryloader.parse:  [node: library,meshfact(name=Character),params,renderbuffer(name=bones weights)]

I have parented the armature to the mesh as stated in the tutorial, I did a quick create vertex groups using Create From Closest Bones and it worked, but the mesh was animated but messed up in the walktest because I had to do the weight painting.  After weight painting the mesh it gives me this error.  There is no Armature modifier assigned, everything is animated and weighted fine in Blender, but crashes with this error on export.  Thanks for any help, this will really help us move forward once we figure this out.
Lonewolf

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 06:29:37 am »

Ok, found out the problem, you need to have lighter2 turned off, or have a hacked version of lighter2 since it has a bug in it that prevents it from exporting properly.
Vincent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 08:29:30 pm »

Ok, found out the problem, you need to have lighter2 turned off, or have a hacked version of lighter2 since it has a bug in it that prevents it from exporting properly.
It would be nice to properly report the issue on CS Trac so that it gets solved...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: