Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 11:26:25 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9094 Members
Latest Member: Olafzjez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Game Content Creation
| | |-+  standard and diffuse
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: standard and diffuse  (Read 4275 times)
SkyFox

View Profile Email
« on: January 15, 2008, 10:26:24 am »

Hello everyone,

I'm using blender2crystal and I've noticed that, when using certain renderloops, every mesh can be given three shaders instead of one. A standard shader, diffuse and ambient. I always set the ambient shader to the vacancy of ambient, because if this place is unoccupied the mesh seems to get all black. It doesn't seem to matter what's put there tough.
Diffuse is a big riddle to me, because according to wikipedia diffuse lighting of a surface is calculated by dotting the light unit vector with the surface normal unit vector. But assigning shaders to the diffuse vacancy doesn't seem to do anything.
Then there's the standard vacancy. Every shader that is put there works differently. But I've got no idea how that one calculates lighting.

What I would like to find is some page, explaining these things. Because on the blender2crystal site I can't really find complete information about this.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 10:28:15 am by SkyFox » Logged
Vincent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 06:52:48 pm »

This page http://vaalnor.mine.nu/psdoc/?q=node/48 may shed some light (sic) on the subject...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: