Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 12:16:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8229 Members
Latest Member: Kula999lidia
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  Question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Question  (Read 2691 times)

View Profile Email
« on: January 31, 2008, 01:49:00 am »

So I decided to download Crystal Space onto my computer, so that I can try it out and see how it works.  However once I downloaded it there is no clear "Start" button... or anything that worked on my computer.  So after looking more into it I found I have to download this MinGW thing (Plus a lot of other things if I want it to work fully).  But if I want MinGW to work (Which I havnt figured out how to download yet) I also have to download MSYS.  However, MSYS doesnt work if you dont have msysDTK installed to work certain files (By the way some program named 7-zip works its way into the need to download area). I cant find out how to download this DTK thing, the download page for MSYS and MinGW is a mess.  I could download thing, but it says its a big file, that takes up a lot of disk space.  So heres my question

Is Crystal Space really worth it?  Or is there a better program that does the same thing with less requirements?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 06:51:22 am »

Well if Crystal Space is worth the effort is up to you. Basically Crystal Space is for game developers so you need a C++ compiler to use it. Setting up mingw is not that hard however. You basically need to download two things (you DON'T need the DTK). You need the full mingw package and the full msys package.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: