Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 05:43:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8498 Members
Latest Member: Travisware
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Reuse cached lighting after touching the world file?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Reuse cached lighting after touching the world file?  (Read 2418 times)
calli

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2005, 01:43:43 pm »

Hi,

finally after using 2.7GBytes of memory and maybe 1 hour CPU time I have a scene which is lightmapped very well. However, I want to change (Blender) some small things in the scene, then export and reuse the cached lightmaps. But somehow walktest refuses to use the old cache. I think it should be possible to reuse such light-cache if I dont´t add objects or similar.

Is there a trick to trick walktest? I also tried to put the cache into a ip, only changed the world-file in a old zip etc. but with no luck.

Regards,
Carsten
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 02:23:17 pm »

Quote from: calli
Hi,

finally after using 2.7GBytes of memory and maybe 1 hour CPU time I have a scene which is lightmapped very well. However, I want to change (Blender) some small things in the scene, then export and reuse the cached lightmaps. But somehow walktest refuses to use the old cache. I think it should be possible to reuse such light-cache if I dont´t add objects or similar.

Is there a trick to trick walktest? I also tried to put the cache into a ip, only changed the world-file in a old zip etc. but with no luck.

Regards,
Carsten

Hmm... If the changes are only minor it should be possible to reuse the cache. The changed objects will not have correct lighting but otherwise it should work. What kind of changes did you do? Did you change names of the objects or sectors perhaps?

Greetings,
calli

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 02:58:23 pm »

Hrmp, I scaled most of the objects.

So no wonder....

Sorry.

Carsten
calli

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 03:04:13 pm »

Is the -relight option recalculation only for changed objects? This would ofcourse help me much with that big scene...

Regards,
Carsten
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 03:07:38 pm »

Quote from: calli
Is the -relight option recalculation only for changed objects? This would ofcourse help me much with that big scene...

Regards,
Carsten

I'm afraid not. There are a few options you have to speed up lighting though. You could add -lightqual=1 which will slightly reduce quality and speed up the algorithm. Also you can use 32 or 64 for lightmapsize instead of the default 16. That will also improve lighting speed but with less detailed lightmaps. During development this might be useful to do.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: