Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 02:29:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9011 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8903 Members
Latest Member: Patfor986
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  missing zlib.h
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: missing zlib.h  (Read 8062 times)
Esgaroth

View Profile Email
« on: March 02, 2008, 10:56:41 am »

I have downloaded the latest CS from subversion using :
svn co https://crystal.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/crystal/CS/trunk CS_latest
I then installed the winlibs file cs-win32libs-1.3_003.exe
I am using visual c++ express 9 so I open the solution file mk/msvc9/wkstypical
I Then click on build solution but there are a few errors listed about missing files.

This one I get in several places.
c:\CS_latest\include\csutil/zip.h(32) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'zlib.lib'

I get this one when compiling libcrystalspace_opengl.
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\..\out\release9\libs\libcrystalspace.lib'

This is while compiling plgsprcal3dldr
..\..\plugins\mesh\sprcal3d\persist\sprcal3dldr.cpp(52) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'cal3d/loader.h': No such file or directory

from plgsndsyswin
c:\cs_latest\plugins\sndsys\renderer\software\drivers\directsound\driver_ds.h(36) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dsound.h': No such file or directory

c:\cs_latest\plugins\sndsys\renderer\openal\source.h(30) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'AL/al.h': No such file or directory

c:\cs_latest\plugins\video\render3d\shader\shaderplugins\glshader_cg\glshader_cg.h(31) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Cg/cg.h': No such file or directory

There are probably more that I missed.
In all there were 19 succeeded and 167 failed.

I thought that installing the winlibs should take care of the external libraries like zlib. I followed the building guide in the manual.
what am I missing?
Njoc

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 02:19:45 pm »

Did you install the "Set Up VC Support" correctly?
Esgaroth

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 06:21:21 pm »

All I have to do is make sure the box is checked that says set up vc support and click next right? Its checked by default. I didn't change any options when installing winlibs.
Njoc

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 10:04:19 pm »

Did you set up the CS env variaible? Is it correct?

The zlib.h for example is in your CS/include/csutil/win32/ folder.Is it there?
Esgaroth

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 08:39:23 am »

I followed the steps in the manual. I thought that the win32libs installer would put the files where the project will find them. If not then what does the "set up vc support" actually do? I found zlib.h in CS/win32libs/include. I added that to visual studios search paths and things are looking better now. 165 successful and 2 failed.
Here are the build logs for the projects that failed:

------ Build started: Project: plgfancycon, Configuration: Release (with DLLs) Win32 ------
Linking...
   Creating library ..\..\out\release9\build\plgfancycon\plgfancycon.lib and object ..\..\out\release9\build\plgfancycon\plgfancycon.exp
fancycon.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual unsigned long __thiscall iEventHandlerRegistry::GetGenericID(char const *)" (?GetGenericID@iEventHandlerRegistry@@UAEKPBD@Z)
..\..\fancycon.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at "file://c:\CS_latest\out\release9\build\plgfancycon\BuildLog.htm"
plgfancycon - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: plgcsconout, Configuration: Release (with DLLs) Win32 ------
Linking...
   Creating library ..\..\out\release9\build\plgcsconout\plgcsconout.lib and object ..\..\out\release9\build\plgcsconout\plgcsconout.exp
csconout.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual unsigned long __thiscall iEventHandlerRegistry::GetGenericID(char const *)" (?GetGenericID@iEventHandlerRegistry@@UAEKPBD@Z)
..\..\csconout.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at "file://c:\CS_latest\out\release9\build\plgcsconout\BuildLog.htm"
plgcsconout - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Njoc

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 01:42:45 pm »

Hmm, VC 9 works a litlle bit strange...
You can work with CS without plgfancycon hapilly (it's just a fancy console, you can use the standard one) but plgcsconout is a console output. It is neccessary, when you want to use the debug console. Try to rebuild libcrystalspace and relink csconout.
Vincent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 12:04:55 am »

There should be no need of special fiddlings, and no build target should fail.
If zlib stuff was not found at first, you probably did something wrong when setting up your environment to build CS.
Try restarting cleanly from scratch, scrupulously following the manual instructions.
If needed, try getting some help on the IRC channel, #crystalspace @ freenode.net
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: