Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 05:54:43 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9008 Posts in 2046 Topics by 8327 Members
Latest Member: Jacquelynsims
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  CrystalBlend Discussion
| | |-+  Celstart problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Celstart problem  (Read 11763 times)

View Profile Email
« on: September 13, 2007, 12:11:34 am »

Hi everybody , i wanted to know why i have this message each time I'm checking celexport from Blender :"crystalspace.application.celstart:Can t load behaviour layer "blpython" with id 'cel.behaviourlayer.python' !.I can t find this python script ! am i doing something wrong, any clue to help me ?

Thank you for you help

Kindest regards.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 10:26:12 pm »

Greetings !i ve found this but it doesn t help:

Crystalspace.application.celstart: Can't load behaviour layer 'blpython' with id 'cel.behaviourlayer.python'!

If all else is working (ie, pysimp, python tutorials, cel smallgame), then probably you need to set the PYTHONPATH environment variable to point to your CRYSTAL and CEL python plugin locations, and possibly also to the zip file with the world (ie, $CRYSTAL:$CEL:/path/to/worlfile.zip, on windows: right click my computer, properties Advanced tab, Environment variables button).

Does Jorrit can help me ?!! I think i m not a bad 3d artist and can help to bring CS under Light Spot.

Personal ART Gallery:

http://picasaweb.google.fr/quickmad/Madstuf?authkey=2Hir4XQggPE
wrwrwr

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 11:15:39 pm »

Was fighting with the same error for two days Smiley

Seems some basic python modules can't load (new & site). Written about a possible solution at blender2crystal wiki (http://b2cs.delcorp.org/index.php/Talk:ArtistInstall). If this doesn't work you may want to try to play a bit with PYTHONPATH.

Wrwrwr.

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 11:38:28 pm »

Thank you for your help , it seems that cel is looking for a python file "blpython.py" which is not in any of my harddrives ,but i m not really sure ! can you show me  your python variables environment config , so i can have an idea.

Greetings
wrwrwr

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 05:24:55 am »

I guess blpython.cpp/.h is compiled into blpython.dll, you shouldn't need the source.
Behaviours are in cs/data/library/blpython, but i don't think it's something to worry about.

C:\Python25\ in PATH
PYTHON set to C:\Python25\python.exe
PYTHONPATH set to C:\Python25\Lib;%CRYSTAL%;%CEL%

Set pythonpath after crystal and cel, these %% things should change into real paths.
Use celstart.exe (copy maps, maybe something more, into cel) -- pycelstart.py resets pythonpath.
Try also adding map file to the pythonpath (e.g. add  C:\crystal\maps\lookat.zip, after  ';').

I've been compiling 1.2rc2 in parallel, so maybe i've actually borrowed something? Wink Now under ubuntu  so i can't verify all of this, sorry for that.

It should be easier to first get this working standalone and then try with blender.

As a last resort change behaviour layer to xml based (within blender blxml under celexport), never had any problems with that. Smiley

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 07:33:52 pm »

Thank you again , Jorry is now doctoring me, i don t want to use xml because i d like to use python script from inside blender, i ve havent compiled anything coz it s to complex for me Sad i m just a 3d artist.i ll try this and i get back to you

Greetings and Regards

M.

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 10:21:01 pm »

i ve tried all the blend file examples the last one was the "lookat.blend" here is what i ve got  in my console may you will find something in it , it s chinese for me:
Start '.\test.zip'!
PYTHONPATH: E:\python25\Lib;F:\blender\pycelstart7.8\cs;F:\blender\pycelstart7.8
\cel\;.\test.zip
DEBUG: Sound System Software Renderer Initializing...
'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "F:\blender\pycelstart7.8\cs\cspace.py", line 138, in ?
    class iBase(_object):
  File "F:\blender\pycelstart7.8\cs\cspace.py", line 151, in iBase
    RefCount = property(_cspace.iBase_RefCount_get, None, None,
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'iBase_RefCount_get'
Error running text 'import cspace'

crystalspace.pluginmgr.loadplugin:
  failed to initialize plugin 'cel.behaviourlayer.python '

wrwrwr

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 02:12:15 am »

Ah, i don't think it's really possible. celstart in this pycelstart7.8 seems to be linked against python24 and that's what's causing most troubles. I've almost managed to run it with both pythons installed, but then some other bad things happen. Anyway this were some dirty hacks. On my side it's second separate setup it does not work on, so i guess we can say it's buggy. Wink

Some solutions i can think of, are getting older blender2crystal (and maybe even blender itself) and using it with e.g. celstart from crystal space main page together with python 2.4. Or compiling (unfortunately under windows for python bindings you'll need to also compile SWIG under MinGW/MSYS, and that's even more enviroment variables to set Smiley.

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 10:31:44 am »

I ve received this Email from Genjix (thank you man), ok it doesn t work for me but could help other people with the same issue a community is made for this no ?? Smiley

Try this,

http://www.crystalspace3d.org/downloads/celstart/celstart-v7-win32.zip

download and extract to some directory. No other installation required.

Set CRYSTAL and CEL to that directory. Set PYTHONPATH again. Now try (but you
have to have celexport checked in blender).

You will need:

1. A plane (the floor), some lights, and a cube somewhere.

2. On the Cube set the property player: true, and the behaviour: actor which
are found in the second tab.

3. On exporting tab, click celexport, and then Run.
wrwrwr

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 08:44:35 pm »

Huh, i believe i've found a simple solution. Install Python 2.4.4 before! 2.5.1. Leave just CRYSTAL and CEL variables defined.

Seems to work that way, at least lookat.blend celexports (drop textures to the dir set at Export->CrystalSpace->Main; but anyway without that you should already see some grey boxes Smiley.

PS: For this celstart you also need Python 2.4, as well as adding full path of your map file to the PYTHONPATH. This worked for me too (outside blender), but shouldn't be necessary anymore.

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 10:27:35 pm »

Thx , i ve not time to try this (i leave Paris for  London a couple of weeks, i m from Paris !), i ll give you newz a soon as i come back !!

Regards !!

M.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: