Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 10:01:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9020 Posts in 2053 Topics by 8564 Members
Latest Member: Gwennparks5
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Projects
| |-+  Project Discussion
| | |-+  Starting a new project, 4OnLine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Starting a new project, 4OnLine  (Read 5633 times)
Truerail

View Profile Email
« on: April 10, 2008, 12:26:48 pm »

Hi there!

First of all sorry about my english. I would like to begin working on a video game. So I called a friend (designer) and we have decided to create something simple to learn. Something like a '4 on line'. Speaking with other friends, they told us to test Blender, CrystalSpace, Blender2Crystal, CEL and use Python as language,  because they said that it would be easy.

To start we dont want to include IA, only a 2 player game.

I don't know nothing about 3dgame programming, i would be able to make it ON php or on C or python in console but i dont know how to mix it with a 3d environment. Does anyone could tell me where to start?
bookeater2

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 04:22:02 pm »

If you've used C before you should be able to download CS and compile it, (it is C++ though). That's where I would start.
Truerail

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 04:52:10 pm »

If you've used C before you should be able to download CS and compile it, (it is C++ though). That's where I would start.

I have installed CS, Blender2crystal, Blender and CEL. I was talking about something like a "Starting with Python+Blender+B2C+CS tutorial." The tutorials i have found , assume that you know how to work with one or all the apps.

Thx anyway
Vincent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 10:25:12 pm »

I'd recommend not focusing on Blender/Blender2Crystal to begin with,
but first learn the basics of CS by checking the tutorials in the manual (yes, even if they're in C++ wink ),
then look at the python examples in CS/scripts/python/. Those are straightforward conversions of classical CS C++ code to Python.
Then you could look more closely at CEL, as see what it can do for you (ie. understand how much code it can save you from writing yourself).
Finally, you could see how Blender2Crystal can be used to leverage CS & CEL, but for a game like that, it may be faster to code stuff directly,
since there are no predefined quests or templates from games like that.
Or maybe you could jump directly at writing those quests and templates, and use them directly from Blender & Blender2Crystal.
Not sure smiley
Come in IRC #crystalspace @chat.freenode.net one of these days, and either nag caedes about that,
and eventually garou too, who made a "Go" game using celstart some time ago...

Truerail

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 08:37:34 am »

Thx a lot

i'll do that ^_^
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: