Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2014, 11:51:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9009 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8365 Members
Latest Member: Flypatty20
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Ok Someone Please Help Me: Compiling Error with Visual C++ 2005
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ok Someone Please Help Me: Compiling Error with Visual C++ 2005  (Read 2053 times)
Zuero

View Profile Email
« on: April 14, 2008, 02:35:30 am »

Everytime I build Crystal Space in Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition I get an error saying that it cannot open input file zlib.lib.
Someone please help me. I've been dying to use Crystal Space, and I can't compile it no matter what I do. I have tried cygwin, I have tried MSYS and now I am trying Visual C++. I have already installed cs-win32libs and I installed everything that is necessary like the Platform SDK, and I have even downloaded the zlib.lib package itself I have tried putting it in different folders to see if it will read it.

Can someone please tell me what I have to do exactly to get rid of these errors.

Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'zlib.lib'

..\..\libs\csplugincommon\directx\guids.cpp(27) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3d.h': No such file or directory
directdetection.cpp

So someone who can help me fix this, please reply, for I am very tired of this stuff not working for me Smiley
Njoc

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 09:57:17 pm »

Did yuo install and set up corrcetly the external win32 libraries?
Vincent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 10:11:44 pm »

So someone who can help me fix this, please reply, for I am very tired of this stuff not working for me Smiley
Did you read and follow the instructions in the manual ?
Sorry if I sound like I'm repeating myself, but the issues you encounter are typical symptoms of not setting you environment correctly,
like described in the "platform specific" sections of the manual...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: