Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 09:27:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8226 Members
Latest Member: Starmylene9
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Missing Files?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Missing Files?  (Read 6166 times)
Dutch

View Profile Email
« on: July 22, 2008, 08:56:26 pm »

According to the manual I need a DEBUG71 and a RELEASE71 library file.   The version of CS I have installed has neither of these files.   I also seem to be missing a number of graphics objects (csGraphics2D and csGraphics3D to name but two).   Where can I get a complete version of CS?

My details are:

CS Version 1.2.1
cs-win32libs-1.2.002.exe
windows XP home edition with SP2
MS Visual C++ [design]
Connect 3D Radeon 9550
ATI version 8.471.0.0
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 07:48:47 am »

According to the manual I need a DEBUG71 and a RELEASE71 library file.   The version of CS I have installed has neither of these files.   I also seem to be missing a number of graphics objects (csGraphics2D and csGraphics3D to name but two).   Where can I get a complete version of CS?

My details are:

CS Version 1.2.1
cs-win32libs-1.2.002.exe
windows XP home edition with SP2
MS Visual C++ [design]
Connect 3D Radeon 9550
ATI version 8.471.0.0

Well those files are produced after compiling CS. Did you do a full build of CS already?

Greetings,
Dutch

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 09:08:54 pm »

I have not been able to compile all of CS.   Four projects fail to build; plgbullet, plgglshader,
plgcacacanvas and plgglmesh3ds.   A number of fatal errors are recorded; CG_PROFILE_GPU_FP undeclared identifier, case CG_PROFILE_GPU_VP not constant, being two typical examples.   What am I missing?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 09:14:40 pm »

What version of CS and what version of cswinlibs are you using?

Greetings,
Dutch

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 10:11:11 pm »

I set this out in my first post!

CS version 1.2.1
cs-win32libs-1.2.002.exe

Thanks for your time
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 05:13:30 am »

Can you tell me the errors you get while building those projects?

Greetings,
res
Develazyoper
CS Developer

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 05:42:27 pm »

CG_PROFILE_GPU_FP undeclared identifier, case CG_PROFILE_GPU_VP not constant, being two typical examples.

These identifiers appear *nowhere* in the CS 1.2.1 source code. Sounds more like a trunk or 1.4 CS...
Janther

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 06:26:27 pm »

i also got the same problems with plgbullet, plgglshader and plgglmesh3ds but since im still a noob and dont use the full capacity of CS i havent really needed these plugins but still would be nice to see 0 errors after 1 hour compiling CS.
i got the problems using

Visual Studio 2005
cs-win32libs-1.2_002 and cs-win32libs-1.3_003

PD right now im not in the mood for recompiling but when i do ill post the errors i get.
Dutch

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 09:36:10 pm »

Hi Jorrit

I have tried several times to attach the output files from the build logs for the four projects that didn't make it.   Every time I get the message that the uplaod file or avatar couldn't be saved.   I knoe there's a size limit on attachments, which I have kept well below.

Any advice?

Many thanks for your help.

Best wishes.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 05:49:03 am »

Hmm, maybe you could try to make it a bit shorter first by removing the parts that are clearly not errors or warnings?

Greetings,
Dutch

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 09:04:41 pm »

Hmm, maybe you could try to make it a bit shorter first by removing the parts that are clearly not errors or warnings?

Greetings,

I've even tried retyping the file in Microsoft Word (a .doc document), but I still get the message "The attachment upload directory is not writable.   Your attachment or avator cannot be saved."   The file is 24 Kb, so well within the prescribed size limits.   I don't understand what I'm doing wrong!
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 09:06:34 pm »

Ah now I understand! Don't try to add it as an attachment. Just include the text in your answer.

Greetings,
Dutch

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 07:47:32 pm »

Ah now I understand! Don't try to add it as an attachment. Just include the text in your answer.

Greetings,

Thanks again Jorrit.   

Here's the first of the files, the buildlog output for plgglshader_cg :

Compiling...
profile_limits.cpp
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\plugins\video\render3d\shader\shaderplugins\glshader_cg\profile_limits.cpp(291) : error C2065: 'CG_PROFILE_GPU_VP' : undeclared identifier
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\plugins\video\render3d\shader\shaderplugins\glshader_cg\profile_limits.cpp(291) : error C2051: case expression not constant
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\plugins\video\render3d\shader\shaderplugins\glshader_cg\profile_limits.cpp(292) : error C2065: 'CG_PROFILE_GPU_FP' : undeclared identifier
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\plugins\video\render3d\shader\shaderplugins\glshader_cg\profile_limits.cpp(292) : error C2051: case expression not constant
glshader_cgvp.cpp
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\include\csplugincommon\opengl\shaderplugin.h(28) : warning C4099: 'csGLExtensionManager' : type name first seen using 'struct' now seen using 'class'
        c:\CrystalSpace\CS\include\csplugincommon\opengl\glextmanager.h(17719) : see declaration of 'csGLExtensionManager'
glshader_cgfp.cpp
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\plugins\video\render3d\shader\shaderplugins\glshader_cg\glshader_cg.h(35) : warning C4099: 'csGLExtensionManager' : type name first seen using 'class' now seen using 'struct'
        c:\CrystalSpace\CS\include\csplugincommon\opengl\shaderplugin.h(28) : see declaration of 'csGLExtensionManager'
glshader_cgcommon_parse.cpp
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\plugins\video\render3d\shader\shaderplugins\glshader_cg\glshader_cg.h(35) : warning C4099: 'csGLExtensionManager' : type name first seen using 'class' now seen using 'struct'
        c:\CrystalSpace\CS\include\csplugincommon\opengl\shaderplugin.h(28) : see declaration of 'csGLExtensionManager'
glshader_cgcommon_params.cpp
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\include\csplugincommon\opengl\shaderplugin.h(28) : warning C4099: 'csGLExtensionManager' : type name first seen using 'struct' now seen using 'class'
        c:\CrystalSpace\CS\include\csplugincommon\opengl\glextmanager.h(17719) : see declaration of 'csGLExtensionManager'
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\plugins\video\render3d\shader\shaderplugins\glshader_cg\glshader_cgcommon_params.cpp(337) : error C2065: 'CG_PROFILE_GPU_VP' : undeclared identifier
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\plugins\video\render3d\shader\shaderplugins\glshader_cg\glshader_cgcommon_params.cpp(337) : error C2676: binary '>=' : 'CGprofile' does not define this operator or a conversion to a type acceptable to the predefined operator
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\plugins\video\render3d\shader\shaderplugins\glshader_cg\glshader_cgcommon_params.cpp(350) : error C2065: 'CG_PROFILE_GPU_FP' : undeclared identifier
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\plugins\video\render3d\shader\shaderplugins\glshader_cg\glshader_cgcommon_params.cpp(350) : error C2676: binary '>=' : 'CGprofile' does not define this operator or a conversion to a type acceptable to the predefined operator
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\plugins\video\render3d\shader\shaderplugins\glshader_cg\glshader_cgcommon_params.cpp(505) : warning C4800: 'CGbool' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
glshader_cgcommon_clip.cpp
glshader_cgcommon.cpp
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\plugins\video\render3d\shader\shaderplugins\glshader_cg\glshader_cgcommon.cpp(136) : error C2065: 'CG_PROFILE_GPU_VP' : undeclared identifier
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\plugins\video\render3d\shader\shaderplugins\glshader_cg\glshader_cgcommon.cpp(136) : error C2678: binary '==' : no operator found which takes a left-hand operand of type 'CGprofile' (or there is no acceptable conversion)
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\plugins\video\render3d\shader\shaderplugins\glshader_cg\glshader_cgcommon.cpp(141) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\plugins\video\render3d\shader\shaderplugins\glshader_cg\glshader_cgcommon.cpp(250) : warning C4800: 'uint' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\plugins\video\render3d\shader\shaderplugins\glshader_cg\glshader_cgcommon.cpp(259) : error C2678: binary '==' : no operator found which takes a left-hand operand of type 'CGprofile' (or there is no acceptable conversion)
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\plugins\video\render3d\shader\shaderplugins\glshader_cg\glshader_cgcommon.cpp(259) : error C3861: 'CG_PROFILE_GPU_VP': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
glshader_cg.cpp
combiner_cg.cpp
beautify_cg.cpp
Generating Code...

This is the second file, plgglmesh3d:

Compiling...
gmesh3ds.cpp
c:\CrystalSpace\CS\plugins\mesh\genmesh\persist\gmesh3ds\gmesh3ds.cpp(325) : error C2664: 'lib3ds_io_new' : cannot convert parameter 5 from 'size_t (void *,void *,size_t)' to 'Lib3dsIoReadFunc'
        None of the functions with this name in scope match the target type

The third file plgcacacanvas is very similar to the first one above.   And I think I can sort out the fourth one, plgbullet, myself; its a missing include file.

Best wishes

Dutch
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 07:51:40 pm »

Ok, from this the error is clear. You are not using 1.2 as you think. Frank already mentioned this but you are in fact using the latest development version of CS (1.9). The errors you get are in source files that don't exist in 1.2. How did you get (what you think is) 1.2 of CS?

Greetings,
Dutch

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 07:10:27 pm »

Ok, from this the error is clear. You are not using 1.2 as you think. Frank already mentioned this but you are in fact using the latest development version of CS (1.9). The errors you get are in source files that don't exist in 1.2. How did you get (what you think is) 1.2 of CS?

Greetings,

I used the zip file from http://www.crystalspace3d.org/main/Download#Download_source_archive/Crystal Space from crystalspace3d.org

I was able to build all but four of the projects.   In the end I deleted the four unbuildable projects, rebuilt all the rest and was then able to run the tutorial using wkstypical.sln.   This worked ok, although there were many artifacts on the screen when moving around the building.

Best wishes

Dutch
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: