Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 10:22:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8211 Members
Latest Member: Ola123zajac
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  mesh factory question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: mesh factory question  (Read 2019 times)
Janther

View Profile Email
« on: July 23, 2008, 06:13:03 am »

Hello again.

This time im not looking for a solution, just guidance.

The thing is I have a mesh factory that creates a thingmesh that has way to many faces im talking more than 15.000 lines of code in the xml file, so it takes more than 15 minutes create it. the funy thing is that when this mesh is in the map as mesh and not as factory it takes much less i think is because of the cache information CS saves the first time you load the thing. im already working with a much simplier mesh but just to know is there a way to accelerate the process like having all the factories precached or a CS trick that I for being a total noob am unaware of.

one other thing what would be a relatively good number of faces to have in a mesh factory?

PS: i dont have any lights on my map, only ambient.

jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 07:40:33 am »

Hello again.

This time im not looking for a solution, just guidance.

The thing is I have a mesh factory that creates a thingmesh that has way to many faces im talking more than 15.000 lines of code in the xml file, so it takes more than 15 minutes create it. the funy thing is that when this mesh is in the map as mesh and not as factory it takes much less i think is because of the cache information CS saves the first time you load the thing. im already working with a much simplier mesh but just to know is there a way to accelerate the process like having all the factories precached or a CS trick that I for being a total noob am unaware of.

one other thing what would be a relatively good number of faces to have in a mesh factory?

PS: i dont have any lights on my map, only ambient.

Avoid thing mesh for this purpose! Genmesh is a lot better. Thingmesh is also going away in future versions of CS. 1.4 will be the last release of CS that still supports thing mesh.

Greetings,
Janther

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 12:48:44 pm »

thanks

the friend im working with is using 3D Studio Max and in the exportguide sais that exporting a genmesh can only be done if the genmesh has only one texture.

I have read the CS manual where it sais that genmeshes support multitexture but i supposed the max script didnt support that. what should i do, just change the plugin in this line

Code:
  <meshfact name="edificio"><plugin>thingFact</plugin><params>

for

Code:
  <meshfact name="edificio"><plugin>meshFact</plugin><params>

or is there a syntax that should go the other way┬┐
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 12:50:56 pm »

I think the 3dsmax plugin exports multiple textures now. The PlaneShift people have also converted fully to genmesh and they use the same plugin. So it should work.
You can't change the plugin line like that. The format is different.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: