Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 06:50:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8218 Members
Latest Member: Leothomas
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Error Compiling
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Error Compiling  (Read 5424 times)
Scope51791

View Profile Email
« on: September 03, 2008, 12:14:20 am »

I did everything I was told to do.  I downloaded CrystalSpace3d 1.2.1 then I download cs-win32libs 1.2_002 but when I try to compile, i'll get 2 errors concerning camera.h.  How do I fix this? Please Help, Thank You!
Newton64

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 03:19:58 pm »

Could you post the errors themselves? It'll make it much easier to diagnose your problem.
Scope51791

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 09:52:31 pm »

Here it is.  I need help, I am so lost with this stuff i don't know what to do and how to fix these errors. Thank you.

------ Build started: Project: libcrystalspace, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Wp64' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release
archive.cpp
c:\documents and settings\home\desktop\crystalspace-src-1.2.1\libs\csutil\archive.cpp : fatal error C1084: Cannot read source file: 'c:\documents and settings\home\desktop\crystalspace-src-1.2.1\libs\csutil\archive.cpp': Permission denied
minidump.cpp
c:\documents and settings\home\desktop\crystalspace-src-1.2.1\include\csutil\zip.h(32) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory
Generating Code...
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\home\Desktop\crystalspace-src-1.2.1\out\debug8\build\libcrystalspace\BuildLog.htm"
libcrystalspace - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: app3ds2lev, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Wp64' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release
3ds2lev.cpp
c:\documents and settings\home\desktop\crystalspace-src-1.2.1\apps\import\3ds2lev\3ds2lev.cpp(26) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'lib3ds/camera.h': No such file or directory
levelwriter.cpp
c:\documents and settings\home\desktop\crystalspace-src-1.2.1\apps\import\3ds2lev\levelwriter.cpp(20) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'lib3ds/camera.h': No such file or directory
Generating Code...
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\home\Desktop\crystalspace-src-1.2.1\out\debug8\build\app3ds2lev\BuildLog.htm"
app3ds2lev - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)
Scope51791

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 01:40:59 am »

I fixed these errors, but now, I get these errors:

------ Build started: Project: libcrystalspace, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
archive.cpp
c:\program files\cs\libs\csutil\archive.cpp : fatal error C1084: Cannot read source file: 'c:\program files\cs\libs\csutil\archive.cpp': Permission denied
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\CS\out\debug8\build\libcrystalspace\BuildLog.htm"
libcrystalspace - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: app3ds2lev, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '..\..\out\debug8\libs\libcrystalspace_d.lib'
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\CS\out\debug8\build\app3ds2lev\BuildLog.htm"
app3ds2lev - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Newton64

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 04:12:00 am »

Well, it does seem to complain about the file '..\..\out\debug8\libs\libcrystalspace_d.lib'

Does this file exist? Does it have appropriate read/exec permissions?

I'm running my stuff in Ubuntu, so I don't know how different the install process is in Windows. However, it looks like somehow the needed file isn't being installed/detected properly. You've set your environment variables?

Anyway, anyone else have an idea?
Scope51791

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 05:03:26 am »

What do you mean by enviroment variables? I have never done such a thing.
Newton64

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 02:33:45 pm »

Actually, that may have been my mistake; the CRYSTAL environment variable (variables---usually strings containing directory paths---that any program can read at any time) is something that has to be set up if you have an application that needs Crystal Space to run. But now that I think of it, I don't think it would affect compiling, as in your case.

Still, your compiler's complaining about "Cannot read source file: 'c:\program files\cs\libs\csutil\archive.cpp': Permission denied" and "cannot open file '..\..\out\debug8\libs\libcrystalspace_d.lib'". Either you don't have read permissions on both of them, or the second one, libcrystalspace..., doesn't exist. If they do exist, make sure you have the right access permissions on them. Other than that, I don't know why they wouldn't have been installed properly. Which version of CS are you using, and what did you follow to do the install?
Scope51791

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 01:15:45 am »

I don't seem to have a file named "libcrystalspace_d.lib".  Is there someplace I can download this file?  I have the latest stable version... 1.2.1, atleast that is what the website says.   I downloaded that and the lib package. I got the 1.2_001 oneg or something like that.  I got that one because I have 1.2.1 crystalspace and 1.2_001 seemed to be for version 1.2.1
Njoc

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 02:15:54 pm »

Libcrystalspace_d.lib is an output file, when you succesfully compile libcrystalspace project. This is impossibel now for you:

"c:\program files\cs\libs\csutil\archive.cpp : fatal error C1084: Cannot read source file: 'c:\program files\cs\libs\csutil\archive.cpp': Permission denied"

Is this file nonreadbale in your system? The problem is this "permission denied" file.
Scope51791

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 12:49:50 am »

well, how do I fix this denied permission problem?  What could be the problem?  Has this never happened to any one before?
Njoc

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 11:00:53 am »

Hmm, dowlnoad again the package, and recompile. This problem never happened before. Maybe an error occured during download.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: