Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 05:53:01 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9020 Posts in 2053 Topics by 8570 Members
Latest Member: Msroyscarl03
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  I have a few questions (please excuse the newbie)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I have a few questions (please excuse the newbie)  (Read 2296 times)
Ultra The Vampire

Email
« on: July 07, 2005, 09:58:48 pm »

ok this may be really newbie but hey, that's what i am.

1. Are there any open-source FPS engines made in that have been CS released?
2. Is there a easy way to parse entity's out of the map files?
3. In 3dmax how can get the size requirements for the levels correct? e.g: I make a map in 3dmax, how do i know if it's gigantic or rathole size instead of normal.
4. I am a modeler but i prefer hammer for level creation (i make halflife levels in my spare time) and i am finding 3dmax more time consuming to make maps in then if i had made them in hammer. I heard someone talk about blender in one of the other threads, should i consider switching to this program for level design? and if so, is it difficult to make levels in? cause it takes me 5 secs to make a room in hammer, and 1 minute to make it in 3dmax. (a empty room mind you)
Ultra The Vampire

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 10:59:44 pm »

^^bump^^
Anyone?
Tony

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 11:15:39 am »

Well, since crystalblend will be able to compile and run the models and maps in Blender, then yes, won't hurt to know it. Cubes can be duplicate quickly and the snap to grid option should take care of the seams.

If you want to make sure about the size, you could try importing a room into max or blender and use the grid as a guied

There are many of games that is made with crystalspace and can be download, look at the project page for a listing, PlaneShift is the most active at this moment, fuel is a commercial game, I think Bronz is too http://www.crystalspace3d.com/tikiwiki/tiki-directory_browse.php?parent=1
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: