Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 10:37:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7597 Members
Latest Member: Drukareczka1989
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  Envizions EVO Game Development
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Envizions EVO Game Development  (Read 3324 times)
Dsamuels33

View Profile Email
« on: November 03, 2008, 02:49:39 pm »

Hello Everyone,

My name is Derrick Samuels the CEO and Founder of the Envizions Computer Entertainment Corp. My company is currently developing an open source Linux base console (smart PC). The project is currently in the  final stages of development and we expect to ship development software and units by the end of the month. These units are for open source developers, Linux programmers and earlier adopters. The amazing thing about EVO is that developers can use the Crystal Space engine to develop games. Developers can create, upload, or share games in the Envizions network with friends or our mainstream consumers. Developers can distribute games for free or charge a fee. The most detail games  will be certified for possible sell  in major retail chains. I wanted to reach out to the Crystal Space community that may be interested. Please submit any questions or feedback to my email address. Thanks for the support.

Best Regards,

Derrick Samuels
Envizions
Vincent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 11:06:29 pm »

Hello,

sounds like a good news smiley
Here are a few questions:
  • let's say I have a CS application ready for release, what would be required for it to be packageable and runable on EVO ?
  • if Linux on x86 or x86_64 binaries for said application can't run as-is on EVO, is there a way to cross-compile for EVO target ?
  • are there CS applications made specifically for EVO ? any link ?
That's it for a start. Thanks you, and good luck wink
Dsamuels33

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 02:51:55 pm »

let's say I have a CS application ready for release, what would be required for it to be packageable and runable on EVO ?
    a plugin for our game identification code.

are there CS applications made specifically for EVO ? any link ?
    not yet, just our identification code.

The code help us identify that games marked EVO can be played on the system. We have three levels for developers. Ranging from free to developer paid services. We want EVO to flexible for everyone to develop with easy.

You can port a existing game to EVO once you become a offical developer for the system. Sorry for the late response, trying to the system ready for release. the only thing holding us up is final approval with FCC testing. We hope to be approved very soon.

Regards,

DS
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: